Nosy Faly locale is in trouble:(

Does anyone know how many non-Faly individuals were introduced? Because if they weren't very many, then their effect on the locale as a whole may not be very much. At least not a few years down the line (also if no one is still introducing new locales into the island).

You could almost consider this back-crossing, like they did with the American chestnut trees that were going extinct. They brought over Japanese chestnut trees, crossed the two, and then bred every offspring from that line back to an American Chestnut. This gave the American line stronger resistance to a disease that is still affecting them but after a few generations the resulting trees were practically American, the presence of the Japanese chestnut was minimal.

If the introduced individuals weren't very many then you could look at this as just refreshing the genome of the locale on the island, but after a few generations of crossing back with Falys they should look and be Faly for all intensive purposes.

Just a thought. I'm doing a take-home test for conservation genetics at the moment, so I have this stuff on the brain. It may not be a long-term devastating thing, but it will take time. Many years.

The ones under speculation were all CB specimins in the faly variants thread. If they were WC then I could see there being issues with females possibly. However the ones that were called crosses were some of the most beautiful white falys I had seen to date. Robmd1s Bobbie, Chameleon Alleys Ziggy and Texas Panther Mans Razar were all called Ambanja crosses. I am sorry but I just dont see it. The owners do not see it either.

WC animals should be proven out so we do not get cases like this. When you purchase CB animals you expect that the supplier should have already done so. I did not see an ounce of banja in Raiden or anything from him and Nala.

I had asked my supplier after all this controversy. He said all were faly and the same with all in the thread.

Maybe you guys should send some pics of those to "the exporter" and see what he thinks about them.

The ones under speculation were all CB specimins in the faly variants thread. If they were WC then I could see there being issues with females possibly. However the ones that were called crosses were some of the most beautiful white falys I had seen to date. Robmd1s Bobbie, Chameleon Alleys Ziggy and Texas Panther Mans Razar were all called Ambanja crosses. I am sorry but I just dont see it. The owners do not see it either.

WC animals should be proven out so we do not get cases like this. When you purchase CB animals you expect that the supplier should have already done so. I did not see an ounce of banja in Raiden or anything from him and Nala.

I had asked my supplier after all this controversy. He said all were faly and the same with all in the thread.

those were all faly?? realy? all i know is falys are awesome an i hope there around for years to come..

Last edited:
Olimpia you make a lot of since in a large population as long as the new blood doesn't continue. Within CB populations it is important to use as pure as possible.

Last edited:
Yes the ones in the faly variants thread were all faly, including yours Rob. Unless you believe Bobbie wasnt now?:rolleyes: like I stated before you cant wish half are and half are not when from the same parents.

those were all faly?? realy? all i know is falys are awesome an i hope there around for years to come..

Back
Top Bottom