Nosy Faly locale is in trouble:(

Texas Ranger

Avid Member
Hey all I just got a update I read in my facebook from a import buddy in Madagascar that is very sad:( here is what he wrote.. the past few years, tourist operators have released Nosy be and ambanja panthers on Nosy faly. It has become increasing hard to find non hybrid panthers on Nosy faly. Here are 3 pure falys and one wc hybrid from Nosy faly...
Sorry I can't post the pics but this importer was the first to import falys in the USA and is know for his work on Madagascar and photo work and documentation.. he would know. So if you have pure real falys please hold on to them and let's all make sure we keep this locale pure as we can in the usa because I am afraid that one day falys are not going to be what they once were:(... I will try to link the pics and post from him on my facebook sublime exotics...

This is VERY disheartening!! I checked your FB page and couldn't find the post...maybe it is only visible to you.

Hmmm. This is pretty sad, and pretty much explains a lot of the drama that happens over this locale... and i wouldnt doubt this is going on with the other locales as well. Get your Falys while you can....

I am trying to get him to post it up give me a few I hope he does it... I am on my phone right now. So I can't seem to get it on there... This really sucks he just replyed to my post saying that it is getting really hard to find real falys and that because of what those people have done one day falys may and can no longer be what they are now this local could very well disappear in the wild :( .

I think its very odd that there is so much color varitation from locale to locale. I wonder why that is? Anyway, what's going on at Nosy Faly just shows how easy it is to upset the "norm" and is why I strive to keep my lines pure. Not that there is anything wrong with breeders trying to "create" something unique by mixing morphs, but if a breeder is going to to do that, I feel its absolutely imparative to be honest about what you are doing and what you are selling - and that goes for the importers as well, especially when females all look alike.

This could also mean any "faly", particularly females that has came in as of recent years could have been any of the three locales

True and true.... This is so sad if anyone knows a way they can tell me to link the post to my Facebook page or link it to this thread let me know .... I am at work but will keep trying...

I will have to try and link this post once I get home. In the pics he posted you can tell 100% the mix from the other 3 and i think its only males being put over there so people can see more color. But thats just a guess all I know is this really sucks.... Operation save the real falys is in my top to do list.... befor its to late...

I will have to try and link this post once I get home. In the pics he posted you can tell 100% the mix from the other 3 and i think its only males being put over there so people can see more color. But thats just a guess all I know is this really sucks.... Operation save the real falys is in my top to do list.... befor its to late...

Id like to see it as i was told this awhile bk an i was told awhile ago it was females from nosy be an thats where the prob is cant tell what they are just by offspring that keep getting more an more greens an blues. im glad someone else is seein it.

Here are the shots

WC hybrid
526888_371952749503679_100000668712838_1196826_1502399447_n.jpg

Pure local
532958_371952799503674_100000668712838_1196827_1133647024_n.jpg

530235_371952832837004_100000668712838_1196828_2092688282_n.jpg

563956_371952859503668_100000668712838_1196829_834868574_n.jpg

I will as soon as I can you can really see the difference the one male is green and blue with very little white and the yellow cheeks are almost not there and the red rain is almost gone:( it looks faly but not due to the define faly treats we see in real falys and then the one... It really put a light on how flays look normally to a Madagascar locale and then noticing the change when they are crossed.....

Whats really interesting is that both have the "Faly" Rostral. The most striking difference I can see is a drastic decrease in "red rain" within the body of the animal.

Wow a lot of views but not that many people posting on how upsetting this is.. we are losing a locale in the wild now...:(:confused:

Don't want to "red rain" on anyone's parade but it looks like a typical variation found in any locale. Admittingly the first one is less attractive than the other 2 but in my opinion still meets the requirements of a Faly. He needs someone to look at that mouth unless he just ate something.

Well seeing as this is one of the guys who braught this locale public and was I think the first to import falys out of Madagascar I trust in what he has to say and show... And i am sure he has seen more falys over the past few decades then all of us breeders put together...so I am pritty sure he knows what he is talking about....why else would he say it....

Back
Top Bottom