Nosy Faly locale is in trouble:(

The great faly debate once again. I actually heard this story before. Soon faly's wont exist.

Yeah it wasn't ment to be a debate but it is turning out that way :( my thread was simply to let people know on the ground proof on Nosy faly that there is a problem that is trying to be fixed and that this also would explain some of the problems we have been having getting this locale going really good in captivity... I was just wanting people to know that we have to selectively breed and watch what is coming inn so we can have this locale in captivity if the problem is never resolved on the island .

Well seeing as this is one of the guys who braught this locale public and was I think the first to import falys out of Madagascar I trust in what he has to say and show... And i am sure he has seen more falys over the past few decades then all of us breeders put together...so I am pritty sure he knows what he is talking about....why else would he say it....

Perhaps the price is getting lower as these become more readily available as CB??? By saying there is "crosses" being sent over, he can demand a higher price for the "non crosses". I dont see much difference in the pics between the first one and the others, apart from a slight variation in the red rain and the high yellow cheeks, but that is often seen in all locales. Take a look at the vast colouration differences in Ambilobe.

Perhaps the price is getting lower as these become more readily available as CB??? By saying there is "crosses" being sent over, he can demand a higher price for the "non crosses". I dont see much difference in the pics between the first one and the others, apart from a slight variation in the red rain and the high yellow cheeks, but that is often seen in all locales. Take a look at the vast colouration differences in Ambilobe.

True but ambilobe is a huge area not like the island of Nosy faly. And this could be true but I don't see it because there is no way of saying the females are the real deal and if anything I would think the wc price will drop just because of the un sure females coming inn.

Also when talking with him he explained he could have picked much more obvious animals including a huge male that look 100% pure Ambanja. He picked that first one in the series because he could tell it was crossed but still had a lot of Faly traits.

True true, it was just a thought i had when first reading it. Its true that some Faly do look very much like Ambanja or Nosy Be, but there are variations of any locale, if would be boring if they all looked the same, people dont (apart from twins etc). I dont think there would be enough Nosy Be or Ambanja put on the island for it to be a threat to Faly as someone pointed out, they will be deleted out by the sheer number of true Faly.

Again, all this info so far has come from one source. That one source is an exporter. Exporters have been caught doing far worse things than spreading rumors of a locales demise to demand higher prices for animals. Without confirmation from a second source with no association to the sale or trade of reptiles I'd say all you guys are talking about are rumors. No solid FACTS have been shown or written about concerning this matter. Show me the proof, because so far that one set of pics aint gonna cut it.

Again, all this info so far has come from one source. That one source is an exporter. Exporters have been caught doing far worse things than spreading rumors of a locales demise to demand higher prices for animals. Without confirmation from a second source with no association to the sale or trade of reptiles I'd say all you guys are talking about are rumors. No solid FACTS have been shown or written about concerning this matter. Show me the proof, because so far that one set of pics aint gonna cut it.

Exactly my point!

Exactly my point!

Were is the proof to exporters doing this:confused: I havent seen any... Now the importers that get them and dont care I have seen.

Oh the secret world of breeding Furcifer pardalis:rolleyes: Besides getting bored with them and wanting more of a challenge, this crap is a big reason for not wanting to work with them.

As for telling you his name find him I did and I don't want to beat the guy up on post because I said his name on a world wide forum.he is a good guy and a friend so why would I do that to him ?:rolleyes:

Nah, it really doesnt matter to me, at all.

BOOHYA!!!!!!!! Couldnt agree more.

Were is the proof to exporters doing this:confused: I havent seen any... Now the importers that get them and dont care I have seen.

LOL!!! It happens all the time!! Importers and exporters have been known to be crooked all the time.

Again Ill ask this question. How can this person be sure the "pure" one is actually pure? We see it all the time. One animal that looks pure but is from a known crossed line.

Sounds to me like they are trying to pull a quick one for an extra buck.

Yea next they will be saying the crosses are pure and the first few shipments were realy crosses. Just like the faly variations thread.

Yea next they will be saying the crosses are pure and the first few shipments were realy crosses. Just like the faly variations thread.

lol sorry that made me giggle alil bit. to quote the famous words of rodney king"cant we all just get along"

Nosy Faly, pure, not pure, or whatever. What's wrong with saying White-bodied-blue-barred-red-spotted-yellow-cheeked Panther Chameleon? If saying the locale doesn't specify exactly what you're looking for anymore, maybe it needs a new name.

I had heard of this years back when I got my first shipment. Yes they did release Nosy Be and Ambanja on the Island. All cause the of tourism.

Hey all I just got a update I read in my facebook from a import buddy in Madagascar that is very sad:( here is what he wrote.. the past few years, tourist operators have released Nosy be and ambanja panthers on Nosy faly. It has become increasing hard to find non hybrid panthers on Nosy faly. Here are 3 pure falys and one wc hybrid from Nosy faly...
Sorry I can't post the pics but this importer was the first to import falys in the USA and is know for his work on Madagascar and photo work and documentation.. he would know. So if you have pure real falys please hold on to them and let's all make sure we keep this locale pure as we can in the usa because I am afraid that one day falys are not going to be what they once were:(... I will try to link the pics and post from him on my facebook sublime exotics...

Unfortunately, to the best of my knowledge, they have been there for years. Hatch survival rates are lower in the wild than in captivity. Over the course of 4-5 years a decent number would have survived. As they spread throughout the island more and more will come in "tainted". Exporters would have to collect from the northwest part of the island to have the best chance of getting "true" falys. The southeast coast of the island is where the majority of them were relaesed from what I was told.

Back
Top Bottom