Non organic papaya safe?

TheMusicalCham

Established Member
None of my local super markets had a great variety of chameleon safe food that was organic. I live in a college town so organic stuff sells out fast. I did find some papaya and collard greens though but it's not organic can I still feed it to my Kaiju or crickets? Thanks!

None of my local super markets had a great variety of chameleon safe food that was organic. I live in a college town so organic stuff sells out fast. I did find some papaya and collard greens though but it's not organic can I still feed it to my Kaiju or crickets? Thanks!
This isnt an answer to your question, but does your cham really eat fruit and veggies? o_O Ive never heard of chams liking that kind of stuff..

He's a veiled chameleon so yes :) he loves eating his hibiscus plant lol but the fruit and veggies are more for the crickets.

He's a veiled chameleon so yes :) he loves eating his hibiscus plant lol but the fruit and veggies are more for the crickets.
Oh, yea, i know veileds like to eat their plants, ive never thought about gut loading crickets with veggies for chams..

You have to, it's the best way for your cham to get the most calcium and nutrition from his crickets. I suggest giving the gutloading care sheet a read.

But yeah my cham Kaiju loves papaya. I only give it to him once a month due to the sugar content. But he enjoys collard greens and dinosaur kale very much. I clip it to cage so he can munch on it so he doesn't destroy the hibiscus lol

Mustard greens are great! But yeah you should definitely gutload your feeders. The link I posted has a list of safe food.

Back
Top Bottom