No Eggs - Any Suggestions

trumpetmonkey

I've got a 1 1/2 year old female panther. She's mated. A few days ago she dug a hole. Hole still there but she's nosy digging.

Is there anyway that a female will mate, go through the digging ritual and not lay eggs?

She continues to eat and drink normally and is general good health.

Kinda stumped

Give her lots of privatacy, do not let her see you watching her. If left alone, she may start digging again. Often times they will dig several holes prior to finally laying.

Thanks!

She is definitely well covered. I just go in there to make sure the soil is still moist enough.

Waiting is painful, that's for sure.

I am never sure what is worse waiting for the eggs of waiting for the babies. It does take foreverrrrrrrrr to get both. It will be worth it when you finally have them. i love babies.

A chameleon may dig a hole then not dig any more and not lay the eggs if she is eggbound. If you watch the female she will usually abandon the hole but should go back and dig again if you don't watch her again/repeatedly.

Normally a female will dig one hole for several days or dig several test holes and then settle on one and dig it until she is satisfied with it.

as soon as i see my female start digging around i cover the sides of her cage with a trash bag and keep the room quiet or ill take her and put her in the bedroom. she will lay eventually. just make sure the dirt is the right consistency.

once she lays then you have to wait 250 days for there eggs to hatch :)

Thanks everybody.
She's in the chameleon room, very quiet, very low traffic. She's been covered up for some time now.
I only go in to make sure she has soil consistency.

And yes, waiting is painful. If she lays the eggs, the rest is up to me.

I will update with pics when something happens.

Pff, waiting for babies is worse! I waited all of 3 weeks for my girl to lay and 9 months for the eggs to hatch!

This day 66 since mating so I'm going with ugh waiting as the painful part.

However, she seems to be digging yet a new hole this morning. Here's hoping for eggs.

Just a note, it's her first time and mine.

That's what I was thinking. I was at the vets today for a gecko and asked about it.

Got home to a very dirty female who appeared thin.

18 little white pearls are now incubating!!!

Happy dance has commenced.

Thanks everyone for your responses and help!

CONGRATS! now you have to wait what seems like an eternity for them to hatch. did you get any funny looking eggs?

my last batch had a Siamese egg, i'm hoping it go all the way and hatches. would be very cool to have identical twins or a two headed Siamese.

Thanks!

I've got one that looks funny, so technically I have 19 eggs, I won't count on that to hatch.

Ah yes, the wait. At least I don't have to worry about the female now. Water and food, repeat.

Back
Top Bottom