Newbie with just finished Oak enclosure

cenobyte1968

Hi all,
I thought I would post a picture of my newly completed home for my male Veiled. I built it out of Oak and glass with 1/2 coated wire mesh as the ceiling. I then covered the back, sides and bottom with "shower surround" material and caulked the joints with silicon. Easy to clean and makes it bright. I think the cage turned out really nice, I have it right in my living room and the stained wood goes well with the hardwood floors etc.
I live in Minn. so not too much concern for excess humidty ( ambient dewpoint outside the other day was -18!). I am hooking up my misting system today and will be doing 15 second shots of mist 4x per day.
My next project will be a corner model where I will house a female Veiled.
Merry Christmas!!

Attachments

• HPIM0695.jpg
    HPIM0695.jpg
    308 KB · Views: 214
I have tested the circulation and there is constant flow. Before adding the plants etc. I put burning incense in the cage and the lighting draws air through a 1/8 gap I left on the bottom of the door. My house has forced air heat so planty of air movement.

so far so good, it is so dry here during the winter I have had no issues. I did over water the plants and I wet dry vac'ed it up. After misting it is all evaporated within about 20 minutes. I have an outdoor enclosure for the summer time.

oak enclosure

Nice touch on the molding. It is challenging to build enclosures, and a major part of the enjoyment for me. Everytime I create habitats, I see ways to do it differently. Job well done!

CHEERS!!!

Nick Barta

Puyallup Washington

Wow, looks nice.

What kind of lighting do you have on top? I think I see a compact?

As for misting 15 seconds, I think that is hardly enough time to stimulate your cham to drink. I would try running if for at least 5 minutes two or three times a day. Did you set up your cage with a drain?

I do worry about the glass. If you notice your cham getting fired up by his own reflection you might need to make some changes.

Back
Top Bottom