Newbie questions, here!

Aberry1606

How does everyone hang the synthetic plants?! The kit came with suction cups but uh, those won't work on the mesh! So, what is something I can use? Also, I read that substrates aren't a good idea. What is something I can use for the bottom of the cage?

As far as substrate goes, a lot of chameleon owners don't use anything. Personally, I leave mine with nothing. But if you are worried and want something doesn't there you can use paper towels, please don't use the bark substrate as you're chameleon can accidentally eat it! this may sound silly but I went to the dollar store and got a large pack of the extra ortament hookers and typed my synthetic plants with those! They are small enough to not poke holes in you're mesh cage!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    151.3 KB · Views: 136
As far as substrate goes, a lot of chameleon owners don't use anything. Personally, I leave mine with nothing. But if you are worried and want something doesn't there you can use paper towels, please don't use the bark substrate as you're chameleon can accidentally eat it! this may sound silly but I went to the dollar store and got a large pack of the extra ortament hookers and typed my synthetic plants with those! They are small enough to not poke holes in you're mesh cage!
Tied**

I actually used those as well and it broke a couple of the wires! I tied them with thread this time but, I had to use sewing thread BC the holes in the mesh are so small. I'm afraid they will break and I don't want her to get hurt or anything! I might buy the small trash bags from dollar tree and use the twist ties from the bags.

I use small zip ties and/or rare earth magnets to hang plants, food cups and whatever else I want to "hang" in the cage. The zip ties are flat enough to push between the mesh panels of the cage and the square ends work well for anchors outside the cage.

Back
Top Bottom