Ubv and plant light, horizontal or diagonal?

Beppo

Chameleon Enthusiast
hey all, I’m going to be adjusting things in Jebs enclosure tomorrow and I was going to add a bar on top to have a plant hang from, using fishing line.. I thought I read about another maybe even several members using this method on here?? Is that what you would recommend is fishing line? That’s my first question and my second is does it matter if my ubv is diagonal or horizontal? Thanks!

Hi probably doesn't matter personally I just run mine diagonally as it suits my basking area better as it is diagonally in my enclosure with my basking area

Hi probably doesn't matter personally I just run mine diagonally as it suits my basking area better as it is diagonally in my enclosure with my basking area
Ok thank you! I wasn’t sure if there was any rhyme or reason ☺️

Ok thank you! I wasn’t sure if there was any rhyme or reason ☺️
Well there is kinda reason, so let's say your uvb and heat light are both sitting flush on the top of the mesh this limits kinda the basking area that can be provided ie there are few spots where the the uvi and temp are available both at correct amounts I have my heat bulb back right and my uvb running diagonally corresponding to this and my basking branch running diagonally in this space but also using an exoterra light bracket to angle the basking light to provide a larger basking area which both has varying thermal and uv gradient if that makes sense

Well there is kinda reason, so let's say your uvb and heat light are both sitting flush on the top of the mesh this limits kinda the basking area that can be provided ie there are few spots where the the uvi and temp are available both at correct amounts I have my heat bulb back right and my uvb running diagonally corresponding to this and my basking branch running diagonally in this space but also using an exoterra light bracket to angle the basking light to provide a larger basking area which both has varying thermal and uv gradient if that makes sense
Yes that makes perfect sense. I have mine the same right now. I think I’ll just leave it as is and run the plant bar diagonal as well.

Back
Top Bottom