New Setups Underway! And Drainage! Photos

kenya

Avid Member
I am about halfway done with my project for new cages. Right now I need 3 more 24" x 24" x 36" cages and for my ReptiSun bulbs to arrive. Later on I will get a misting system.

I have four of the cages set up (more plants and vines to come- this is all I had for now) Lighting is going to be 4 foot dual bulb fixtures (ReptiSun 5.0 and a grow light) and each enclosure will have an appropriate basking light. I am just waiting on the bulbs. There are shower curtains (white) lining the walls and counter and then the timed power bars are mounted way up high by the ceiling. Next I built a slightly slanted 2' deep by 8' wide panel with scrap wood and lined it with super thick PVC shower bottom vinyl (the gray). I installed a gutter with an endcap under the lip of the counter and guided the shower PVC into it. This all makes water flow forward and into the gutter, where it drains into a bucket.

Sorry for the blurriness of the photos (I shake a lot :()
DSCN9001.jpg

DSCN8986.jpg

beautiful

awesome setup man. If i had the room I would most certainly invest in more chameleons and enclosures. Living in an apartment limits my ability to do what i want to. Great job man.

hey steve , I live in a 934 sq ft condo and have 20chams and 2 dogs a roomate and a wife.

Where there is a will there is a way. :D

Kenya , beautiful setup , I am jealous.

Nikki, did you turn your kitchen into your cham room?! It looks great!

Actually, we have two big rooms that make up our apartment type thingy (we rent the bottom half of a house)

The chams are all in my bedroom/computer room area. The other room has a tiny kitchen and the living room. We also have a tiny bathroom. :\

Not sure how many square feet- about the size of our last apartment which was 600 sq. ft.

I will post photos of my whole place to give you a better idea...once everything is set up and clean ;) Many projects at once and such!

I really lucked out, having that counter there.

lol wow, tight fit brotha...

...nice set up!

No way, check this out. Me, my girlfriend, a white German shepherd, a savannah monitor, 12 chams, three midsize fishtanks, two cockatiels, three budgies, four button quail, two corn snakes, a rough green snake, three crested geckos, stick bugs, leaf insects, a tank of terrestrial snails, a few tanks of crickets, two decent sized roach colonies, and a hamster.

....I may have forgotten someone :confused:

No way, check this out. Me, my girlfriend, a white German shepherd, a savannah monitor, 12 chams, three midsize fishtanks, two cockatiels, three budgies, four button quail, two corn snakes, a rough green snake, three crested geckos, stick bugs, leaf insects, a tank of terrestrial snails, a few tanks of crickets, two decent sized roach colonies, and a hamster.

....I may have forgotten someone :confused:

......... ok you have Ryan beat! :D

Nice..... give him a few years, huh? :)... i want a Savannah monitor so bad... My girlfriend would never allow it...lol

They are really easy so long as you can accommodate them once they are huge. They are food monsters and are prone to obesity- I suggest feeding mostly an insect diet with maybe a pink mouse a week. Some people feed them only rodents and I don't think that it is good for them. They need to exercise by hunting and I feed frozen/thawed pinks when he gets them so that leaves bugs. He basically gets roaches, silks, crickets, supers and the same things the chams get.

They are quite tame if worked with and I have fun with his big tank- I like putting live plants in including rye grass since he has eco earth as substrate. He hangs out in his water a lot and likes to bask on his big pieces of mopani wood. He also burrows under the wood pile quite a bit. If you get one, make sure to feed it outside of the cage so it doesn't ingest substrate.

I would love to, and i definitely have them room,,its just my girlfriend is TERRIFIED of them lol... I'm lucky i have my cham colony...:D

hey steve , I live in a 934 sq ft condo and have 20chams and 2 dogs a roomate and a wife.

Where there is a will there is a way. :D

Kenya , beautiful setup , I am jealous.

......... ok you have Ryan beat! :D

I didn't mention the 8 crested Geckos , 3 Leopard geckos , Three more Panthers on their way from Mady , and the fact that January and the Super Show in Pomona is not far away. :D :D :D Funny thing is Kenya still has me beat.

Whoa I just had to get a grip . Do you know what a competition on top of my addiction would do to my relationship.

I would have to remove the wife from the list. :D

Back
Top Bottom