NEW SET FOR MY CHAMELEON

I have to admit, The cage looks nice though! :) It probably wouldnt be that hard to transport the plants from that enclosure to a bigger one.

I find it very strange that you ordered the wrong one. We told you what you needed and for some reason you buy the wrong one.

I actually fail to believe that you "accidently" ordered the wrong one because if it was 90x45x90 then it would obviously be square, not wider than tall. firstly theres the title and then theres the photo, seems very hard to order "the wrong one". Im confused. I need an explanation. sorry Hammy passed away. I don't know man... I just feel like we've told you what you need like 3 times and still the wong one comes... Just saying.....

Let's not continue this chat, you're not helping matters. Good day to you

I don't think I should be blamed or anything for questioning this, my frustration comes from me working with you to try and find a good enclosure but the wrong one still comes. Still very confused.

cheers, Nathan

Hi Nathan

I know you are only trying to help me.
The vivarium would not have been a square. 90cms tall 90cms wide and 45cms deep. Just wanted to let you know.

Regards
Mark

Oh my gosh, you guys got so formal when you were upset. Lol

Point is, it is true that no chameleon can live in that. While it is very beautiful, and well done, it is not proper for a chameleon.

You will need to purchase a taller vivarium, or purchase a different type of reptile.

No reason you cant take everything out, sell the current one, and then buy a larger one! That is what I would do.

Hi Nathan

The vivarium would not have been a square. 90cms tall 90cms wide and 45cms deep. Just wanted to let you know.

Regards
Mark
Hi i have my female in exo terra 90x45x90. I would recommend siliconing a drain pipe in your tank before setting it up incase it gets waterlogged

20200807_141641.jpg this is cricket keeper tube cut just longer than the depth of the substrate. Lol trust me the last thing you want is a swamp

I beg to differ. He lived very well in a viv half this size for 4 months! There's no reason why I need to upgrade to an even bigger viv for a young cam. No one would dream of buying a viv of that size to start their chameleons life. It actually seems ridiculous to put a very small chameleon in an extremely tall vivarium from day one!

I beg to differ. He lived very well in a viv half this size for 4 months! There's no reason why I need to upgrade to an even bigger viv for a young cam. No one would dream of buying a viv of that size to start their chameleons life. It actually seems ridiculous to put a very small chameleon in an extremely tall vivarium from day one!
Is this comment towards me?

My girl was 8 months old when I got her and they grow pretty fast I made sure feeder cups installed so food was readily available. And she has grown into her enclosure well. I am pleased for you as you obviously already know so much

Attachments

• 20200807_150129.jpg
    20200807_150129.jpg
    379.7 KB · Views: 95

Unless it's a tiny baby, it is perfectly fine to put a new chameleon in a full size enclosure. Both my girls started their life with me at 4 and 6 months old in their full enclosures.

Oh my gosh, you guys got so formal when you were upset. Lol

Point is, it is true that no chameleon can live in that. While it is very beautiful, and well done, it is not proper for a chameleon.

You will need to purchase a taller vivarium, or purchase a different type of reptile.

No reason you cant take everything out, sell the current one, and then buy a larger one! That is what I would do.

:ROFLMAO: was thinking the same.

Also I agree, enclosure is too small, but OP seems like an expert already so he wouldn't listen to us lowly peasants. I shall take my leave from this thread.

Regards,
Jimbob of house roach, son of jimbob sr

Hi Nathan

Regards
Mark
I know thats why I said square not cube, a 90x90x90 would be a cube but a 90x45x90 would still be a square front. Unfortunately no cham except a wee hatchling can live in something 60cm tall. I know it can be a sad and streesful time after you lose a cham but you are doing fine. Before jumping to a third I would recommend to do some more research. https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-basics/ read through as much of this website as you can it's extremely helpful and even included tips that even I don't use and never knew about. Its a great website. I would personally just try to sell the 90x45x60 on ebay or something bc no cham can live in that.

huh?! why?!

If you start with a big cage, you will never need to upgrade or change anything his whole life!

If you start with something small, halfway through you're going to have to spend extra money to buy a bigger one and it will be hard work all over again.

I'm confused with this logic.

What's with all this "no chameleon could ever live in an enclosure this short" dialogue? If my conversions are correct, then that's a 36"w x 18"d x24"h viv, right? Clearly no large species like panthers or veileds could ever be responsibly kept in such an enclosure past a very very young age, but there are a variety of species which would do just fine.

Brookesia/rhampholeon/rieppeleon pygmies, carpet chameleons, F. minor, C. nasutum, C. boettgeri, and more are commonly kept in enclosures 18x18x24" or larger... I get that the main point here is that the OP made a mistake with the species/enclosure combo that they chose. However, I don't think we should be spreading misinformation because of that. Given proper research and preparation, an enclosure of this size could absolutely be repurposed for a small species of cham

What's with all this "no chameleon could ever live in an enclosure this short" dialogue? If my conversions are correct, then that's a 36"w x 18"d x24"h viv, right? Clearly no large species like panthers or veileds could ever be responsibly kept in such an enclosure past a very very young age, but there are a variety of species which would do just fine.

Brookesia/rhampholeon/rieppeleon pygmies, carpet chameleons, F. minor, C. nasutum, C. boettgeri, and more are commonly kept in enclosures 18x18x24" or larger... I get that the main point here is that the OP made a mistake with the species/enclosure combo that they chose. However, I don't think we should be spreading misinformation because of that. Given proper research and preparation, an enclosure of this size could absolutely be repurposed for a small species of cham
I should've made that more clear. Yes of course pygmies and carpets ect can be in stuff that smal, or smaller. I shouldve said no veiled thats older than about 4-5 months or so can live in that enclosure. I was just speed typing and wanted to get my point out there.

Not sure what you are talking about about as it was clear syreptyon. That it was a panther that was originally in the post wouldn't want mine in 2ft High enclosure

Not sure what you are talking about about as it was clear syreptyon. That it was a panther that was originally in the post wouldn't want mine in 2ft High enclosure
I think syrepton was frustrated about how I worded it as"no chameleon". Which is actually false because carpet chams and pygmies and others can live in small enclosures. I really meant "no veiled"

Back
Top Bottom