NEW SET FOR MY CHAMELEON

lthrbecks

Established Member
I've just upgraded to a new Exo Terra vivarium. Size 60cm h 90cm w 45cm d.

I've planted around six plants. I've also vines, branches Inc 1 to bask under a new halogen 100w spot light.

I hope the new upgrade will be suitable for him growing into an adult. His previous one was 45x45x45. I hope he'll enjoy his forever home. Sadly, he's in the veterinary clinic, being treated for pneumonia. He was due to be home today, but unfortunately, his condition deteriorated overnight.

Fingers crossed for a rapid recovery.

I've just upgraded to a new Exo Terra vivarium. Size 60cm h 90cm w 45cm d.

I've planted around six plants. I've also vines, branches Inc 1 to bask under a new halogen 100w spot light.

I hope the new upgrade will be suitable for him growing into an adult. His previous one was 45x45x45. I hope he'll enjoy his forever home. Sadly, he's in the veterinary clinic, being treated for pneumonia. He was due to be home today, but unfortunately, his condition deteriorated overnight.

Fingers crossed for a rapid recovery.
i'm hopeful for you and your cham.?:)

Can I see a pic of your enclosure? 60cm is only 2ft tall and is not tall enough for a cham.

Last edited:
Oh gosh, I was hoping it was tall enough! I've fully installed it as a bio active viv. He's still quite small for 6 months. I'm upset, if I've wasted my money on an incorrect set up.

Attachments

• IMG_20200806_124135.jpg
    IMG_20200806_124135.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 122
Oh gosh, I was hoping it was tall enough! I've fully installed it as a bio active viv. He's still quite small for 6 months. I'm upset, if I've wasted my money on an incorrect set up.
its alright, Instead of a 60x45x90, you can go for a 90x45x90. Hopefully the place you bought the cage does returns! those exo terra vivs are pricey!

Or, If you want to, you can go for a 60x60x122 all screen reptibreeze, which are actually very highly recommended for an adult male

Unfortunately I cannot return it as its been used! It only arrived yesterday. I will have to keep it. I will reassess the situation, if and when necessary. He'll hopefully get a 6 months or more in it.

Very pretty tank. The issue with the tank being "too short" is that you are not able to set up temperature gradients throughout the enclosure. You want a taller enclosure do they can go near the bottom of they want to escape the heat. You may be okay for some months but will eventually want to upgrade.

Thanks for your reply.

Sadly, I've literally just upgraded, yesterday in fact. Hoping it was his forever home. Gosh its very disappointing to hear from you and another enthusiast that it's not TALL enough by only 1ft! Pity.

Don't feel bad I bought the Exo Terra Skyscraper Terrarium and had my Cham in there for only 2 months and had to upgrade to the 4x2x2 screen enclosure. :( But it is worth it and now he has more space to be a grumpy jerk and hide from me in.

Cheers for your quick response.

I looked at reptibreeze viv but thought the all mesh screen would be colder!

Thanks for your reply.

Sadly, I've literally just upgraded, yesterday in fact. Hoping it was his forever home. Gosh its very disappointing to hear from you and another enthusiast that it's not TALL enough by only 1ft! Pity.
2ft and 3ft is a huge difference in height. for example only a baby could live in a 2ft tall cage. Literally onlyb a newborn or small juvenile.

Adult females can live in 3ft tall cages. So can panthers. My adult female is in an 24x18x36 and my adult male panther is in a 30x18x36

Cheers for your quick response.

I looked at reptibreeze viv but thought the all mesh screen would be colder!
coldness is not a wory at all. In the wild (winter) daytime temps can be in the 60's. If its anywhere near 80 its fine. better ventilation as well

He is a small juvenile. I'm guessing he's around six months old. If I get to early next year and he's outgrown his viv I'll upgrade again. Thanks for the reply

He is a small juvenile. I'm guessing he's around six months old. If I get to early next year and he's outgrown his viv I'll upgrade again. Thanks for the reply
how long is he from snout to vent? I know he is at the vet but can you just give me a rough estimate?

Very pretty tank. The issue with the tank being "too short" is that you are not able to set up temperature gradients throughout the enclosure. You want a taller enclosure do they can go near the bottom of they want to escape the heat. You may be okay for some months but will eventually want to upgrade.

Sadly, my chameleon passed away this evening.

Back
Top Bottom