New Panther baby!

Could be the case. Can we see his new lit enclosure with the sticks?!
IMG_0558.jpg
IMG_0558.jpg
Of course :)

I've working with a new little guy as well. He was/is hesitant about cup feeding and clearly has more interest in free ranging bugs. That being said I'm also working through coccidia, so I wanted to stop free ranging bugs all together.

He clearly SAW the bugs in my TK Chameleons Gallery and would occasionally snag one up. But not as interested. I decided to try a very small Tupperware container. Similar results. One here and there, but nothing. I realized then it might be too low and out of reach.

So, finally I decided to move the container very close to where he was spending more of his time and he definitely seems to be warming up to the cup feeder as opposed to the gallery.

Like most things chameleons, im hoping it just takes some patience.

I've working with a new little guy as well. He was/is hesitant about cup feeding and clearly has more interest in free ranging bugs. That being said I'm also working through coccidia, so I wanted to stop free ranging bugs all together.

He clearly SAW the bugs in my TK Chameleons Gallery and would occasionally snag one up. But not as interested. I decided to try a very small Tupperware container. Similar results. One here and there, but nothing. I realized then it might be too low and out of reach.

So, finally I decided to move the container very close to where he was spending more of his time and he definitely seems to be warming up to the cup feeder as opposed to the gallery.

Like most things chameleons, im hoping it just takes some patience.
Yeah, I've tried free ranging and just straight up putting one on the branch in front of him. He definitely sees them, and he has seen them in the cup, I just don't think he's actually registering them as a food source? Time will tell I guess.

Yeah, I've tried free ranging and just straight up putting one on the branch in front of him. He definitely sees them, and he has seen them in the cup, I just don't think he's actually registering them as a food source? Time will tell I guess.

He could simply be getting used to his new cage. I know you're hesitant on changing more of his cage, but as other members have mentioned I would take him out of the cage and have him set on a vine/plant while you make ALL of the remaining changes.

I would recommend doubling or tripling the branches/vines if possible and somehow get more plant volume towards the center of the enclosure higher up ether through hanging or putting a taller plant on the floor. You have a lot of plants which is great, but he might appreciate filling out more of the space as opposed to the edges. This makes them feel safe.

Great work and can't wait for the guy to settle in!

Back
Top Bottom