New Panther baby!

Yeah we have this weird "hyflex" system? Since I have a lot of studios, I can make an appointment to physically go to class if I have to? Idk, I’m already over it and it's the third day
yeah some jobs have the hyflex thing as well but that sounds weird being able to choose. Where I go to school its in real life but theres no hot lunch and social distancing is in place :/

Back to the original topic. You have to get branches... He can not just cling to a plant. He needs to be able to move around. He is so small that yes getting through the top is a serious risk as is the UVI level not having it go through screen is going to be extremely high and dangerous for him. And you have to get him feeders. Mealworms are a no go.

Back to the original topic. You have to get branches... He can not just cling to a plant. He needs to be able to move around. He is so small that yes getting through the top is a serious risk as is the UVI level not having it go through screen is going to be extremely high and dangerous for him. And you have to get him feeders. Mealworms are a no go.
Branches are coming very soon, I just need to let them dry out in the oven?? I've seen a few videos on how to dry them out fairly quickly. I got a spray bottle and have been watching him drink, so there's a plus there. I've also already placed some window screen on top of the wider stuff at the top, so him sneaking out shouldn't be a problem any more

Branches are coming very soon, I just need to let them dry out in the oven?? I've seen a few videos on how to dry them out fairly quickly. I got a spray bottle and have been watching him drink, so there's a plus there. I've also already placed some window screen on top of the wider stuff at the top, so him sneaking out shouldn't be a problem any more
You can just wash them off and then put them in the sun for an hour and put them in. hook in with zip ties. You have a t5HO single bulb fixture correct? what bulb strength did you buy?

Yes that's correct. I got a 6% Arcadia bulb
ok so then you want the branches to be no closer then 9 inches from the bottom of the fixture with it on the screen. Hopefully he will stop screen climbing the top when he has the branches. You might want to consider adding a taller main plant as well. Just to provide more foliage for him.

Hey guys! Update time! Roy has gotten his branches (not all of them are set up, I wanted to give him a break), and his food! He's got dubias and BSFL today. He doesn't seem to be recognizing them as food though? I called the vet about an hour ago, and they said that (I sh*t you not) "the younger they are, the longer they will go without eating, and some people tend to over feed them". Which literally goes against EVERYTHING I have read/heard about panthers? I realize that he might not be eating just because of stress and what not, which is understandable, but it's been four days (if you include him being shipped for one of them) and he hasn't really even acknowledged that there are even bugs in the feeder cup.

IMG_0553.jpg

Hey guys! Update time! Roy has gotten his branches (not all of them are set up, I wanted to give him a break), and his food! He's got dubias and BSFL today. He doesn't seem to be recognizing them as food though? I called the vet about an hour ago, and they said that (I sh*t you not) "the younger they are, the longer they will go without eating, and some people tend to over feed them". Which literally goes against EVERYTHING I have read/heard about panthers? I realize that he might not be eating just because of stress and what not, which is understandable, but it's been four days (if you include him being shipped for one of them) and he hasn't really even acknowledged that there are even bugs in the feeder cup.
which vet said that lol? babies cannot be overfed and should be given like 20 a day. What did the vet recommend how much you fed him?

which vet said that lol? babies cannot be overfed and should be given like 20 a day. What did the vet recommend how much you fed him?
He didn't really recommend anything because I cut the conversation short lol, I put like 10-15 dubias and BSFL in his cup today though, so he should be good if he recognizes anything

Back
Top Bottom