New microscope arriving today

Be sure to read the entire slide depending on how evenly you place the cover slip all the ova can be pushed to one side. I scroll top to bottom in a serpentine pattern going from edge of view to edge of view. I find left to right makes me seasick.
Do not let the fecal solution and cover slip sit for longer than 10 minutes or you will have to many crystals in the way to read it properly.
Do not put the oil immersion lens on to the cover slip as you will crack the slip and possibly the lens.
There is more if you have any specific questions once you get started let me know.

Last edited:
Be sure to read the entire slide depending on how evenly ou place the cover slip all the ova can be used to one side. I scroll top to bottom in a serpentine pattern going from edge of view to edge of view. I find left to right makes me seasick.
Do not let the fecal solution and cover slip sit for longer than 10 minutes or you will have to many crystals in the way to read it properly.
Do not put the oil immersion lens on to the cover slip as you will crack the slip and possibly the lens.
There is more if you have any specific questions once you get started let me know.
So you’re talking float here, not direct smear right?

Both are read the same way but I do invest more time in the float than the direct. The smear is good for looking for things that move like flagellates and such. You will know it when you see it. There is always some brownian movement on a slide vibrating but without real direction like the living organisms display.
You will not need to use the oil immersion lens unless you have prepared slides that are fixed and you are reading tissue samples.

Back
Top Bottom