New member and soon to be cham owner

I don't think honey is an issue. And it really depends on the blood sugar depending on if it causes problems. I often use diluted honey to help with sick chameleons and also if one is being lethargic. Also manuka 16 honey, or higher level like 20, is amazing for healing wounds and a great anti bacterial. I use bee pollen in my gut load but it's a dry powder.

I don't think honey is an issue. And it really depends on the blood sugar depending on if it causes problems. I often use diluted honey to help with sick chameleons and also if one is being lethargic. Also manuka 16 honey, or higher level like 20, is amazing for healing wounds and a great anti bacterial. I use bee pollen in my gut load but it's a dry powder.
Umc 16 + is Excellent in skin care . I use it often at work with my client . It is ani everything it work miracles with acne .

I'm assuming you got your cham already you should definitely post an update pic of your cham in its new enclosure ! Great job on the enclosure
Here he is :D

Attachments

• IMG_0273.JPG
    IMG_0273.JPG
    231.8 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_0280.JPG
    IMG_0280.JPG
    342.9 KB · Views: 112
Yes Tuesday or Wednesday I've never seen him drink but here he is..
Chameleon are very secretive you may not ever see him drink . You want to watch his eye and his poo . Have you seen any poo ? If so can you describe what it looks like ? He's also shedding very common not to want to eat . You can start a weight on him make sure he not loosing . He needs a bit of time to get to know his New surroundings . He's going to go through an adjustment along with he's shedding .

Chameleon are very secretive you may not ever see him drink . You want to watch his eye and his poo . Have you seen any poo ? If so can you describe what it looks like ? He's also shedding very common not to want to eat . You can start a weight on him make sure he not loosing . He needs a bit of time to get to know his New surroundings . He's going to go through an adjustment along with he's shedding .
His poops were dark on one half and white on the other very light yellow in the middle. But he hasn't ate any crickets the last day or so and haven't noticed anymore poops

Less in less out , sounds ok on poo . Add misting even if he does not seem to be drinking they do war of the mist . Think of there climate , misty , foggy , rain . Let's see if @Matt Vanilla Gorilla @Andee ,@kinyonga think . I don't think it's a concern not eating right now .
yeah he wasn't eating yesterday but should I mist him directly or mist his surroundings and warm water correct this was his eyes yesterday(I don't ever hold him) do they look normal

Attachments

• IMG_0297.JPG
    IMG_0297.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 102
yeah he wasn't eating yesterday but should I mist him directly or mist his surroundings and warm water correct this was his eyes yesterday(I don't ever hold him) do they look normal
He also was getting ready for a shed and they do funny things with there eyes to get ready , bulge them suck them in rolling around all to Loosen the old skin . You can't over hydrate add a few in . What is your current schedule for hydrating ? Also what are you using to hydrate with ?

yeah he wasn't eating yesterday but should I mist him directly or mist his surroundings and warm water correct
He also was getting ready for a shed and they do funny things with there eyes to get ready , bulge them suck them in rolling around all to Loosen the old skin . You can't over hydrate add a few in . What is your current schedule for hydrating ? Also what are you using to hydrate with ?
i have two drip lines going onto separate lines onto plants within reach at the top of the cage I let them slowly drip throughout the day and overnight and I mist him every couple hours and I am just using water that I change out daily from the sink fosset
And yeah it worried me I read that sunken eyes also mean verge of death O.O

I got the food part down but I seem to be lacking at hydrating..
Your hydration seems good how long are you misting for ? His new home is brand-new for him . He's getting used to it and you . It will take a bit of time for him to realize that you are not a threat to him . Keep up the good work . Make sure he's well hydrated and keep offering him feeders . Let him settle in .

Your hydration seems good how long are you misting for ? His new home is brand-new for him . He's getting used to it and you . It will take a bit of time for him to realize that you are not a threat to him . Keep up the good work . Make sure he's well hydrated and keep offering him feeders . Let him settle in .
I use a spray bottle and I try to mist for at least two minutes to peak his humidity. Should I lightly mist his body from a distance? Or just his surroundings and I've been using hot water so it comes out warm

I use a spray bottle and I try to mist for at least two minutes to peak his humidity. Should I lightly mist his body from a distance? Or just his surroundings and I've been using hot water so it comes out warm
I put a timer on when I hand mist , I like 4 min . I have a automatic Mister as well . That gos off 5 times throughout the day 2 -10 min and 3-4min . I just changed it it's getting warm here now . My babie really like there misting I do warm water when I hand mist . They will just sit and enjoy . Not all chameleon like it . Just try misting him see what he think . My hand Mister I can just to a very fine mist and it'll message for probably two minutes before needing to re-pump .

Back
Top Bottom