New Jacksons Chameleon!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I know basic husbandry he’s all set up. I just wanted to know more about them because I love reptiles and I want to know as much about them as possible. I posted this hoping I’d learn stuff I didn’t already know from experienced keepers.
i just want to say i feel bad why is everyone getting on @userBandit all the person wants to know is some interesting facts about Jackson chameleons

Do I do the exact same thing I do with my veiled chameleon?
This is probably what's throwing people off. If you did research prior to this thread it seems like you wouldnt have asked this.

Either way, we should be here to help and not push people away. The greatest thing you can do, if you love these animals, is to help spread knowledge. The best people (in my opinion) to answer this person's questions would be @JacksJill who already helped, and @Kaizen.

This is probably what's throwing people off. If you did research prior to this thread it seems like you wouldnt have asked this.

Either way, we should be here to help and not push people away. The greatest thing you can do, if you love these animals, is to help spread knowledge. The best people (in my opinion) to answer this person's questions would be @JacksJill who already helped, and @Kaizen.
Your right, but they had absolutely no right talking to @Beman like that, I wouldn't have gone off if that wasnt said. Those words were absolutely disgusting but I do admire that you always find a way to be nice even when they don't deserve it.

I think a lot of people misunderstand things through the internet. I have noticed on these forums, people come on here day after day to ask for immediate help and a cure-all instead of doing the responsible thing. I also see when people ask for help, and then they show what their cham living situation is, and it's terrible. It's almost like no one did any type of research what so ever. This has been an awesome place where I continue to learn so much and the people on here are all so passionate about these easily misunderstood creatures. It's frustrating to see the abuse and lack of knowledge people continuously bring forth. I dont think anyone here met any harm or was trying to offend you.

The misunderstanding happened when you said "tell me some info, do I do the same thing as my veiled?". It was just interpreted that you made the same mistake as many others and jumped the gun. A simple explanation could've resolved everything. I think everyone should be more open minded to constructive criticism and also to realizing they may have misinterpreted something. No one should stoop to name calling.

(Content deleted by Moderator)
Hey man, I think we are all just confused. Hold on a second before you leave.

I think everyone mistook your question from the start. Your question made it sound like you you knew nothing about chameleons instead of looking for some fun facts about them. Jacksons chameleons are the coolest of the big 3 (Panthers, Veileds, Jacksons) in my opinion. Their horns are incredible and I like how they are shy creatures--they are super cute triceratop dinosaurs. I love how their horns get stuck on a plant stem (once in a blue moon). They are funny creatures when given the respect that they deserve.

Give the chameleon forums another chance. I'll give you another chance too. You don't go calling good people "*****." That is highly despicable. But if this is all a miscommunication, then I can understand why you are all riled up. These people helping others on the forums are good people. Though for this second chance to happen, you need to apologize for your language. It is never acceptable here, or anywhere for that matter.

Edit--seems like everyone beat me to the party. I'm a slow typer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Regardless of the topic or subject such language should be frowned upon and dealt with or where does this leave this forum ??? Every time someone does not like the advise or the way its worded they can become abusive. A simple sorry and its ok

Your right, but they had absolutely no right talking to @Beman like that, I wouldn't have gone off if that wasnt said. Those words were absolutely disgusting but I do admire that you always find a way to be nice even when they don't deserve it.
What’s so special about him? I’d say it to anybody else who disrespected me. Nothing against him, he’s very knowledgable and I’d take his advice I’ve watched his channel. I don’t like disrespectful people

Hey man, I think we are all just confused. Hold on a second before you leave.

I think everyone mistook your question from the start. Your question made it sound like you you knew nothing about chameleons instead of looking for some fun facts about them. Jacksons chameleons are the coolest of the big 3 (Panthers, Veileds, Jacksons) in my opinion. Their horns are incredible and I like how they are shy creatures--they are super cute triceratop dinosaurs. I love how their horns get stuck on a plant stem (once in a blue moon). They are funny creatures when given the respect that they deserve.

Give the chameleon forums another chance. I'll give you another chance too. You don't go calling good people "*****." That is highly despicable. But if this is all a miscommunication, then I can understand why you are all riled up. These people helping others on the forums are good people. Though for this second chance to happen, you need to apologize for your language. It is never acceptable here, or anywhere for that matter.

Edit--seems like everyone beat me to the party. I'm a slow typer.
THANK. YOU 🤙🏼

hey @userBandit i just wanted to say, don't listen to what the other people are saying, just keep learning and don't give up, and i really hope everything goes well with your Jackson chameleon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom