New Jacksons Chameleon!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

userBandit

Hey everyone! With having such a great success at keeping my veiled chameleon Kiki, I've decided to take on keeping another chameleon of another species, the Jacksons Chameleon!

His name is Venom, he's adjusting to his new home right now so I want to just let him be and not put a phone in his face.

Tell me some info on them, whats different about caring for them versus a veiled chameleon? Do I do the exact same thing I do with my veiled chameleon?

Hey everyone! With having such a great success at keeping my veiled chameleon Kiki, I've decided to take on keeping another chameleon of another species, the Jacksons Chameleon!

His name is Venom, he's adjusting to his new home right now so I want to just let him be and not put a phone in his face.

Tell me some info on them, whats different about caring for them versus a veiled chameleon? Do I do the exact same thing I do with my veiled chameleon?
Not trying to sound harsh, but you should’ve researched jacksons thoroughly beforehand and had their husbandry down pat, not asking others for everything about them after a purchase

Not trying to sound harsh, but you should’ve researched jacksons thoroughly beforehand and had their husbandry down pat, not asking others for everything about them after a purchase
I keep other chameleon and reptiles. I didn’t say I didn’t research. Don’t worry about me you do you I’ll do me thank you

Night-time drops in temperature are really important with extra misting in the schedule and believe supplement regime are slightly different to the veiled. I would get specifics of a more experience Jackson's keeper, really love this species though
Thanks

I keep other chameleon and reptiles. I didn’t say I didn’t research. Don’t worry about me you do you I’ll do me thank you
I’m going to say my piece and leave this thread. You said tell info on them, you wouldn’t have said that if the proper research was done. You also said you had great success with your veiled, but looking through your past threads, your husbandry’s wrong, and you haven’t taken advice (or at least enough of it) from anyone here.

1611370369139.png

If you can meet everything on this care sheet from https://chameleonacademy.com/the-jacksons-chameleon-trioceros-jacksonii/ , then you should be fine. Provide nighttime temps of 65F or below (even on your hottest summer nights and the cooler the better). Get your humidity up to 75% or greater at night etc.

The main differences between a veiled chameleon and Jacksons are temperament, supplementation, and overall temperature. Their temperament is much more docile than a veiled chameleon--just don't mistake their docility for a fondness of being handled. These guys, like all other chameleons, can stress easily. Their supplementation needs are a lot less than veiled chameleons due to their different metabolic rates. They can easily overdose from too much d3. So don't just copy and paste your supplementation routine from your veiled onto your Jacksons. Their overall temperature requirements are lower than veiled chameleons, this means that you can no longer let your room get as hot during the warmer parts of the year.

If you can provide these basics for your Jacksons chameleon, then you should do just fine. As everyone else said, please don't hesitate to ask more questions. We only want what is best for your chameleons.

I’m going to say my piece and leave this thread. You said tell info on them, you wouldn’t have said that if the proper research was done. You also said you had great success with your veiled, but looking through your past threads, your husbandry’s wrong, and you haven’t taken advice (or at least enough of it) from anyone here.
My veiled chameleon stays in a cage 4 ft x 2 ft and has the correct uvb, heating, dripping system, and laying bin. Along with the correct foliage. Don't tell me I don't take care of my animals to the best of my ability. I take everything into consideration from people are willing to give friendly advice. You assume because I want to know what are some different things about jackons versus veilds and automatically think I don't already know the basic differences. Check yourself.

View attachment 289917
If you can meet everything on this care sheet from https://chameleonacademy.com/the-jacksons-chameleon-trioceros-jacksonii/ , then you should be fine. Provide nighttime temps of 65F or below (even on your hottest summer nights and the cooler the better). Get your humidity up to 75% or greater at night etc.

The main differences between a veiled chameleon and Jacksons are temperament, supplementation, and overall temperature. Their temperament is much more docile than a veiled chameleon--just don't mistake their docility for a fondness of being handled. These guys, like all other chameleons, can stress easily. Their supplementation needs are a lot less than veiled chameleons due to their different metabolic rates. They can easily overdose from too much d3. So don't just copy and paste your supplementation routine from your veiled onto your Jacksons. Their overall temperature requirements are lower than veiled chameleons, this means that you can no longer let your room get as hot during the warmer parts of the year.

If you can provide these basics for your Jacksons chameleon, then you should do just fine. As everyone else said, please don't hesitate to ask more questions. We only want what is best for your chameleons.
I read i should dust twice a week without d3 and once a month with d3. I feed him every other day. Sound good?

You will also need a multivitamin once a month.
If you want you can use Repashy Calcium Plus LoD in place of the D3 and multi twice monthly it has safer levels of D3. You still have to use it very lightly.

I read i should dust twice a week without d3 and once a month with d3. I feed him every other day. Sound good?
Yeah, if you can use Repashy LoD, then you can hit two birds with one stone: the multivitamin and D3. It is an easy schedule to maintain.

And how much you feed him depends on his age. I feed my guy Mon, Wed, Fri (total of three times a week) since he is an adult.

Do you know how old he is? If not, feel free to send a pic of him and we can help you determine his age.

Wait..you bought a completely different species without doing the slightest bit of research??😟

Edit: dont wanna sound mean, just asking...
No I know basic husbandry he’s all set up. I just wanted to know more about them because I love reptiles and I want to know as much about them as possible. I posted this hoping I’d learn stuff I didn’t already know from experienced keepers.

I love animals I hate people who can’t provide / have no info on their pet. Why in the hell would I get a chameleon with out knowing it’s basic husbandry and feeding requirements? Some of y’all have me absolutely sickened

You dont know what your doing is what it sounded like. You asked if Jackson's were the SAME as veiled. CLEARLY you have no clue on them and their care. I STAND on what I said...LEAVE
I asked for differences compared for pure interest. I didn’t say “hey is it the same I don’t know what I’m doing.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom