New Jackson lethargic

lybeck

I just got a new Jackson's chameleon from Underground Reptiles on Friday. He seemed to be pretty active, watched him eat a cricket and drink. But now he is napping a good chunk of the day and doesn't seem interested in food or moving around. He's pretty active in the mornings but settles down after a few hours. any idea what could be wrong or how to help? Im worried about him

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon -Male Jackson's Chameleon about 3 months old, 5 days since I got him.
Handling - maybe once every other day, trying to let him settle in.
Feeding - Ive given him several small crickets in a cup he doesnt seem interested. I have gutloaded with strawberries and squash.
Supplements - dusted with Reptivite w/out D3 the first day...he ate one...
Watering - misting 3-4 times a day for about 1 minute and 30 seconds.
Fecal Description -orangish with white. havent had them tested.
History -Haven't had him long enough

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Reptibreeze screen 18X18X36
Lighting - Reptisun 10.0 (only one they had at the store the basking light is a 65 watt house bulb.
Temperature - two digital thermometers basking spot is 81 bottom is 75
Humidity - basking area 65 lower area 76
Plants - live Ficus, and schefflera
Placement - in my room on top of a dresser about 4.5 ft above ground window nearby but not too close.
Location - Enumclaw, WA it's been fairly hot lately

Current Problem - lethargic, eyes closed, not eating but still drinking

He could just be sick to begin with and the move and new environment is just making it worse. Eating one cricket is not much. I wold contact them and let them know what is going on. Also, to my knowledge Reptivite is a multivitamin so you don't want to give that on a daily basis.

I'll give them a call, as for the vitamins I ordered a calcium supplement for dusting with...should be here tomorrow. since it said they are wild caught...I figure maybe he has some parasites so I ordered some Reptaid to see if that will help at all, as well as the supplies to make a fogger/mister to keep him well hydrated.

Reptaid will not help with parasites, but may help him in general. If it is possible get a fresh poop from him to have tested at the vet. I know if he is not eating, that may be difficult. Yes, most wild caughts have parasites and most can live with them, but the stress of shipping and being thrust into a new environment can weaken their immune system and allow the parasite to take over.

Back
Top Bottom