New Home

BillH

I have finally finished Su'Da's new home enough for her to move in and start exploring. There are still a few final touches needed and the misting system still needs to be purchased. So far she seems to be very happy with her new home. If there is something I need to rearrange please let me know.

Attachments

• 100_0650.jpg
    100_0650.jpg
    265 KB · Views: 152
  • 100_0657.jpg
    100_0657.jpg
    264.9 KB · Views: 217
  • 100_0666.jpg
    100_0666.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 194
  • 100_0665.jpg
    100_0665.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 144
  • 100_0661.jpg
    100_0661.jpg
    272.5 KB · Views: 145
Thats a real nice enclosure! What are the dimensions? I really like the way you accounted for storage of your feeders on the bottom. I can tell you put a lot of thought and hard work into that cage.

Nice toaster :) it looks good. What king of wood did you use and how/with what are you combating drainage?

i love the size of it!!!!!!!! what cham wouldn't be happy in it?????

inside the cage, what's that plastic bin for, below the plant in the center??

The enclosure is 24" deep x 48" wide x 42" tall.
The wood is white oak that was sealed with poly a minimum of 6 coats. That is one part that took so long.
Inside are three evenly spaced drains that are connected to pvc pipe to a single down pipe. See pic of the blue bins. One is for drainage in case there is a overflow. Don't wanna turn this into a aquatic exibit.
The plastic tub is her laying bin. I am still working on that and it has sand with organic peat in it but i am still working on it.

Thank you all for the nice words.

The plastic tub is her laying bin. I am still working on that and it has sand with organic peat in it but i am still working on it.

One word of caution using the clear plastic laying bin, although I use almost the same type of bin and have not had problems yet, I have heard that if the female is digging and sees light, she will abandon the hole. I am going to put some tape around the bottom 4-5 inches of my clear laying bin to avoid this.
The plumbed in drainage is a great idea. Kinda like building a walk in shower pan inside your cage.

One word of caution using the clear plastic laying bin, although I use almost the same type of bin and have not had problems yet, I have heard that if the female is digging and sees light, she will abandon the hole. I am going to put some tape around the bottom 4-5 inches of my clear laying bin to avoid this.

Duck tape it is. I am looking for something better but so far I have not found anything. She is not gravid so this is just a precautionary measure.

Didi you go with the clear laying bin so you can see the eggs if she lays? I have found that there is a great advantage to the clear bottom. Saves a lot of time and aggravation looking for eggs.

Back
Top Bottom