New here new cham! Sexing help!

CCG

So let me introduce myself to the forum. I am Ben Owner and operator of Custom crested gecko, located in halton hills ontario, we specialize in high end rhacodactylus breeding! But..........I've always wanted a chameleon..........so I got one. It a beautiful 3 month old Nosey Be panther chameleon I'm just wondering if anyone will be able to sex this roughly based on colour. It the pic the seller took so its not very good I will try and get some better photo's throughout the week but if there is any idea thankyou!

Attachments

• cham.jpg
    cham.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 107
welcome to the forums...

the picture is a tad small...and you can sex panthers more accuratley by looking at the tail base..if you see a slight bulge it is male...but post new pics of the cham with a side view and especally the tail base area

however i am inclined to say male with the intense barring your cham has and well doenst look feminent to me....but i could be wrong...

so post more pics of your awsome cham:p

i dont know how to sex very well so im not even going to bother and try..however wel.come to the forum and congrats on the new addition

Thanks guys! I'll get some more accurate photo's as the week (s) go on!
If you have Twitter or just want to learn more about CCG check me out at:
www.customcrestedgecko.com
www.twitter.com/CCGgeckos

But more importantly I am too excited about the chameleon hobby, been wanting one for the past 6 years. And LOVE Nosey Be's fingers crossed it's a male! However I was hoping to feed a type of worm as a staple over crickets is this possible?

Thanks,

Ben!

It is possible but maybe not the best thing to do. Actually no one food should really be a so called staple. Variety is best with any diet. Why do you not want to feed it crickets? My chameleon will not eat crickets. So I feed him a variety of worms. If you were going to pick a worm, I would choose a silkworm to feed more often. They have about the same fat content as a cricket.

silk worms okay, what about super worms or are they high in chitin? And crickets just tend to be an issue with escaping!

no supers are ok too. I feed mine, mostly silks, supers, hornworms, occasional waxworms and phoenix worms. Supers have more fat than silks. Meal worms have the most chitin as far as I know and are not too recomended. You can feed them, but sparingly. My chameleon loves the supers. I would say they are his favorite.

Back
Top Bottom