New chameleon

Hi, their is another question I have about the shower curtain, inside my viv I have put some backing on which is printed with plants and vines, it the backing you use for aquariums, and that's water proof, so shall I put the shower curtain on the remainder two sides.

Thanks pyschodrake I think I shall take it all out to night yes my main concern is when he falls off and hits the glass bottom as my viv was custom made, also I do understand about the germs building up what do you use for the bottom of your viv.

Theres just a tray at the bottom of my viv, and a few small holes for water to drip out of into a tray. I dry it with tissue too, I can't really get a proper drain going but it doesn't flood with the small holes it has.

Your humidity is probably alright, just give it a good spray until it goes up to about 80% and let it dry overtime. I was having big problems with humidity going below 40% before I put the shower curtain on.

What I shall do is go out tomorrow and get two sided sticky tape to put the shower curtain up with take the substrate out then keep an eye on humidity, thanks for the advice pyschodrake and other members, I bet the chameleon won't like his home as I'm going to change it again, lol

I have a yemen daytime temp peaks at 35c with 35-40% humidity Night time 16-19c with 75-80% humidity He is really Healthy man :)

First of Oie Oie Oie!!! welcome to the forums yeah what carol said with the feedings at that age also give the little guy a few days to get use to his enviroment also try not to handle him for about 2 weeks gives the little dino time to adjust to his new surrounds. do you have him set up high on a table of on the ground?? I use zoo med calcium with d3 and without d3 what kind of supplements does your reptile store have there in the uk that can be of great help also in leading you in the right direction.

Hi, I have got the viv on a cabinet,so all together he is about five and a half foot high. As soon as he starts eating I shall get the calcium without d3 and calcium with d3 I bought some nutrabol which has calcium d3 plus vitamins in but some people have told me nutabol isn't that good, so I'm going on the net too see what their is, is their ant one who noes a good brand of calcium and calcium d3 and vitamins.many thanks

Try internet reptile! I use zoomed calciums and vitamins and they do them all at good prices. Im in the uk aswell!

Thanks Bradley I shall have a look now, does anyone know of a really colourful chemeleon as I'm thinking of getting a baby chameleon in the next month, also I have to get used to these horrible bugs im 45 years old always have been scared of spiders and bugs but since I've got a chameleon I have to face my fear, lol my girlfriend helps me a lot with the bugs.

Thanks Bradley I shall have a look now, does anyone know of a really colourful chemeleon as I'm thinking of getting a baby chameleon in the next month, also I have to get used to these horrible bugs im 45 years old always have been scared of spiders a bugs but since I've got a chameleon I have to face my fear, lol my girlfriend helps me a lot with the bugs.

Worms are much easier. Especially silkworms. They're adorable squidgy little things. Crickets love to sneak away and jump and it irritates the living daylights out of me when I've just grabbed a freshly dusted crickets and it leaps out of my fingers.

Ambilobe panther chameleons are colorful. I think its just red bar and blue bar, a red bar is usually orange with red stripes where as the blue bar is orange with blue stripes.

Thanks psychodrake, how many worms do you think my panther needs he's two years old I'm going to give him locus, silk worms do you still dust the worms.

I'm going to put my chameleon pics up tomorrow we named him mr chips. How long shall I leave mr chips not eating,it's been day four now, I put two locus in his cage today and he just looked at them and walked past them, I even put a locus in tweezers right in front of him to try to tempt him but looked away.

Crickets

I just got a new panther chameleon and was wondering ways to keep the crickets in the leaves and not at the bottom of the cage. any good ideas?

Crickets crawl any where they want, it might be a good idea to pot feed them to your chameleon. Someone else may have a better idea though, but that's all I can think of, hope it helps you

mrchips007.jpg

here is my chameleon mr chips

Back
Top Bottom