New Chameleon Owner that needs help

First time i caught or seen her poop. If anyone can help. Also, found a missing superworm from the cup so i assume she ate one.
20211112_100401.jpg
20211112_101125.jpg

Last edited:
First time i caught or seen her poop. If anyone can help. Also, found a missing superworm from the cup so i assume she ate one.
Some good news is, aside from the mucous, the urate's color suggests she's sufficiently hydrated.
Mucous could indicate parasites, but other things as well.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=chameleon+fecal+mucous

I... wouldn't assume about the superworm either way. I feed my chameleon dubia roaches, and I count before & after to get an idea if he's eating them, and how many. I thought things were fine until I did a thorough cleaning and found an intrusion of them huddled under a brick. I've also seen him miss and/or drop worms.

Once they start munching, there's pretty good chance of them going down.

Will she hand-feed?

Some good news is, aside from the mucous, the urate's color suggests she's sufficiently hydrated.
Mucous could indicate parasites, but other things as well.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=chameleon+fecal+mucous

I... wouldn't assume about the superworm either way. I feed my chameleon dubia roaches, and I count before & after to get an idea if he's eating them, and how many. I thought things were fine until I did a thorough cleaning and found an intrusion of them huddled under a brick. I've also seen him miss and/or drop worms.

Once they start munching, there's pretty good chance of them going down.

Will she hand-feed?
Didnt see this earlier but today i went out and got some mealworms and locusts. Will see how it goes. I tried hand feeding the superworm but no interest however, she drinks from a cup that i hold next to her.

Hey guys, another question that i have is that im not sure what i should do about the temperature. During the night, it usually drops around 13 to 14 degrees (55 to 57 F) and in the morning its like 20 degrees (10am) (68 F). Last night, i took him in and put him outside in the morning cause he was awake but it was still pretty cold at around 6/7am. Should i get an enclosure for him inside and keep him there till its warmer? People mentioned that he'd be stressed because of that but im not sure what to do here.

Hey guys, another question that i have is that im not sure what i should do about the temperature. During the night, it usually drops around 13 to 14 degrees (55 to 57 F) and in the morning its like 20 degrees (10am) (68 F). Last night, i took him in and put him outside in the morning cause he was awake but it was still pretty cold at around 6/7am. Should i get an enclosure for him inside and keep him there till its warmer? People mentioned that he'd be stressed because of that but im not sure what to do here.
If we're still talking about the indigenous Mediterranean chameleon you've 'taken in', he should be fine. He's survived this long out there, and those temperatures aren't that extreme.

I don't find a care sheet specific to Mediterranean chameleons ( Chamaeleo chamaeleon ), but kinyonga has kept & raised them.
I have kept and hatched and raised C.chamaeleons...but had little to do with the C. africanus.

Back
Top Bottom