New Chameleon Owner that needs help

Sadly, hornworms don't enter Malta :(
Yeah it's tough to make recommendations without knowing what's legal or non invasive to your area.

You could go to a local park with a butterfly or bug net and catch bees, moths, flies. Those are very enticing. Maybe plant flowers that bees and butterflies love to attract them to your yard?

Some other ideas:
Fruit flies
Black soldier fly larvae or let them pupate to flies
Silkworms or let them become moths
Crickets

Any other food recommendations? Maybe i could find something that she would like to eat :)
jpeg-image-2-jpeg.274137

You're in the EU, correct? Are there no mail-order/online sources that would ship to you? :unsure:

I was thinking of buying an enclosure to feed her in it so i make sure she is eating the bugs.

You could make a feeding gallery or cup for her - and she'll learn that's where the bugs hang out. It doesn't account for flying bugs but that's where having plants the bugs like comes into play. Additionally you can "stun" bugs like black soldier flies by popping them in the fridge for a minute.

You could make a feeding gallery or cup for her - and she'll learn that's where the bugs hang out. It doesn't account for flying bugs but that's where having plants the bugs like comes into play. Additionally you can "stun" bugs like black soldier flies by popping them in the fridge for a minute.
Sadly most bugs i can find are crickets/locusts and they fly. The roaches here are massive so that's not possible. I will try to find the black soldier flies

Ok, so it's fine to put them outside next to her, also small locusts are possible here

I was thinking of buying an enclosure to feed her in it so i make sure she is eating the bugs.
Absolutely you could just toss them into the plant right next to her. Just get small sized bugs because she is little. The issue with putting her into an enclosure to feed her is your going to cause stress. She is wild. You never want to trigger stress. Stress lowers the immune system causing things like parasites to go into mass production.

Absolutely you could just toss them into the plant right next to her. Just get small sized bugs because she is little. The issue with putting her into an enclosure to feed her is your going to cause stress. She is wild. You never want to trigger stress. Stress lowers the immune system causing things like parasites to go into mass production.
Ok, thankyou very much!

Back
Top Bottom