NEW C. gracilis x calyptratus hybrid

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of a Graceful Chameleon and
a Veiled Chameleon having a babies. I've asked around and everyone tells
me the same thing "No, I have never heard of that mix." So I was wondering
if anyone else has?

I am asking this because my Graceful(Male) and Veiled(Female)
Chameleons had babies together and the have finally hatched =)
So I am super excited for that. So far 3 have hatched. The first one
passed away, but the last two are still alive an look good. I also have
a few more eggs left and one is hatching as i write this. =)

I will post pictures shorty.

Please let me know what you think.

Thank you

so what would you call these baby's since they are from two differant species? how much do these go for? have you sold any? if so how much a piece?

Why is everyone so obsessed with selling them? I think it's pretty interesting how they're turning out but it kind of bugs me to check this thread and there's always someone talking about selling them soon and how much they can get for them. I dunno, maybe I'm just a purist but I think they should be valued for what they are instead of for the profit. If I had unique hybrids I'd be keeping them all.

if you are refering to me its not for profit or to try it out, its alwasy awesome to have differant kinds of chams, i am not trying to breed them and sell them just want to know more about them, i have never her of s succefull breeding from two differant species. if they are availabloe for sale somewhere i would love to purchas one of the babies witch is why i ask what would the name be for the babies?

Here is some updated pictures

Attachments

• 20120425_195527.jpg
    20120425_195527.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 394
  • 20120425_195843.jpg
    20120425_195843.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 383
  • 20120425_195924.jpg
    20120425_195924.jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 403
I am sad to say that the two smaller ones of the group have died..I only have the two biggest ones left and those seem to be moving and eating and drinking water very well.

I am sad to say that the two smaller ones of the group have died..I only have the two biggest ones left and those seem to be moving and eating and drinking water very well.

Thanks for the update, I had actually been wondering, and sorry for the loss...

Do you have any updated pics of the last 2?

They are amazing!!! I never thought it was possible but you can clearly see they are a mix of both. Someone is gonna be lucky to own one of these as a pet. I wonder if they would become receptive and produce viable eggs in the future.

Back
Top Bottom