New boy:)

Ok great his eyes look pretty good just make sure he is drinking. This is where a live pothos plant would come in handy because the water will stay on the leaves where as the fake plants will dry out pretty quickly. If you add one put 1 inch sized river rock on top of the soil so he does not go after the dirt. And he is definitely a boy he has a little tarsal spur on his hind feet.

Ok great his eyes look pretty good just make sure he is drinking. This is where a live pothos plant would come in handy because the water will stay on the leaves where as the fake plants will dry out pretty quickly. If you add one put 1 inch sized river rock on top of the soil so he does not go after the dirt. And he is definitely a boy he has a little tarsal spur on his hind feet.
I can get a pothos plant when I’m out of school. Are ladybugs okay to give him? There’s lots in my backyard.

I can get a pothos plant when I’m out of school. Are ladybugs okay to give him? There’s lots in my backyard.
Yep big no to Lady bugs.
Here is the feeder list again and the gutload list
Gutloading 101.jpeg
Basic Feeder pic.jpeg

Are you reading the images and links that have been give to you? PLEASE read those, and the links to other information here...use the search function for other information, and theres even a resources tab to help you with how to care for your chameleon. PLEASE stop trying to feed your chameleon wild caught bugs and worms from your yard. This is not a safe or healthy practice for him.

Are you reading the images and links that have been give to you? PLEASE read those, and the links to other information here...use the search function for other information, and theres even a resources tab to help you with how to care for your chameleon. PLEASE stop trying to feed your chameleon wild caught bugs and worms from your yard. This is not a safe or healthy practice for him.
I’m not feeding him any of that, just asking. And I’ve read all the links people including @Beman have gave me.

I highly recommend checking your local craigslist and/or facebook marketplace for a used XL Reptibreeze. You can find them for much cheaper. That chameleon is ready for a full-sized enclosure right now. Neither 12x12xx20 nor 12x18x20 is large enough for him (or even a juvenile veiled) and he will suffer considerably only having 20" of height to work with. If you can't afford the cage, you can't afford the chameleon and all you're doing is draining your bank account and causing an animal to suffer. Chameleons need vertical space more than anything. I promise, no one is trying to be harsh here but this is a reality of chameleon keeping and this information is essential to his survival

I highly recommend checking your local craigslist and/or facebook marketplace for a used XL Reptibreeze. You can find them for much cheaper. That chameleon is ready for a full-sized enclosure right now. Neither 12x12xx20 nor 12x18x20 is large enough for him (or even a juvenile veiled) and he will suffer considerably only having 20" of height to work with. If you can't afford the cage, you can't afford the chameleon and all you're doing is draining your bank account and causing an animal to suffer. Chameleons need vertical space more than anything. I promise, no one is trying to be harsh here but this is a reality of chameleon keeping and this information is essential to his survival
217BE614-94B9-4F52-B78F-B2047CB728BD.png
How does this look?

Not big enough for long term use. You will need the extra large that is 24x24x48. It will be a good until he is about 6-7 months old then you will have to upgrade to the larger one. But it is far superior then what you are using now.

Not big enough for long term use. You will need the extra large that is 24x24x48. It will be a good until he is about 6-7 months old then you will have to upgrade to the larger one. But it is far superior then what you are using now.
Like I said, the next one is going to be another temporary until I do have more money. Also another question, I just put in 3-4 dusted crickets at a time in his bowl and in total he ate about 10, plus 3 live super worms this morning. I know you said about 15 per day. The page on here under food said 10-12. But he’s eating them real fast. Should I do more? Don’t want to overfeed..

Like I said, the next one is going to be another temporary until I do have more money. Also another question, I just put in 3-4 dusted crickets at a time in his bowl and in total he ate about 10, plus 3 live super worms this morning. I know you said about 15 per day. The page on here under food said 10-12. But he’s eating them real fast. Should I do more? Don’t want to overfeed..
I would definatly go with that cage over the other one you were gonna get. It will be great for him until you have the money to size him up. :)
You are good feeding the 12 per day for his age but you are fine to go up to 15 at his age as well. The important part is just to feed them all prior to about noon so he has plenty of time to bask and digest before lights are out for the evening. It is really good that he is eating so well.

Just sell the new cage you bought if it's too late to cancel the order. You cannot ethically keep a chameleon in that, even if it is only temporary.

I would definatly go with that cage over the other one you were gonna get. It will be great for him until you have the money to size him up. :)
You are good feeding the 12 per day for his age but you are fine to go up to 15 at his age as well. The important part is just to feed them all prior to about noon so he has plenty of time to bask and digest before lights are out for the evening. It is really good that he is eating so well.
I gave him 4 more super worms and he’s trying to escape his enclosure for more. He ate them up fast even when I was still shaking the worms out
image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom