New Baby Sugar Glider!

Supergirl

Our family of critters is ever growing... we've now added a Marsupial :p
I fell in love with Sugar Gliders over a year ago, during a presentation by "Pocket Pets" at our local mall. I had no idea what kind of care they required, and wanted to research and learn as much about them before bringing one home. So here we are a year later, with a new baby joey :)

Introducing Snookie the Sugar Glider :)
2012-08-18104801.jpg

2012-08-18104734.jpg

2012-08-18104715.jpg

2012-08-17155151.jpg

We named her Snookie because she sleeps all day, up all night.. and is tiny, furry, loud n crabby :D

Thanks for looking =)

Lol. That is awesome I love these guys.:D my wife just got threw getting 3 morphed ones one is solid white with black eyes one is a normal het. For solid white and a ring tail :)..... Lots of bonding is the key..... My wife started making bonding pouches with some cool fabric . Your little guy is awesome give him a millworm he will go crazy for it

She is soooo Cute!!!!!
I love your fingernails too btw!

Thank you very much!! I'm so in love with her.. she's got the cutest little nose! I do my nails myself... am a nail-polish-junkie. It's my favorite hobby other than furry animals and chameleons :p

Lol. That is awesome I love these guys.:D my wife just got threw getting 3 morphed ones one is solid white with black eyes one is a normal het. For solid white and a ring tail :)..... Lots of bonding is the key..... My wife started making bonding pouches with some cool fabric . Your little guy is awesome give him a millworm he will go crazy for it
Wow you got 3 of them! How cool is that?! She's doing great settling in, eating and drinking and even successfully potty training her! (not actually training but stimulating cloaca with baby wipe, so she doesnt have accidents in cage or pouch. Bonding is going great too, she's spends most of the day snoozing in my bra :p And at night we romp and play. She's barely been crabbing, other than when someone disturbs her bra-time beauty sleep lol.

That is painfully sweet!
Thank you!!! I feel the same way when I look at her little face, my heart just melts!!!!!!!!

I love sugar gliders. She is adorable, especially that last pic:)
Me too. They are amazing little animals!!

Just be careful once you get one marsupial you cant help but get more later. It gets to be addiction like chameleons. Next thing you know you will have a Kangaroo. It happened to me. Good luck with your awesome little baby.

I've never seen on of these, how big do they get? Is it like a ferret or something?

They are very similar to flying squirrels, but aren't rodents. They're nocturnal marsupials, like Koalas & Kangaroos... native to Australia & Indonesia... Arboreal like Chameleons (live on tree tops) and glide from tree to tree around the forest. She's still a joey (baby) so she sleeps in pouch most of the day. They "bond" with you by spending time in your pouch (aka my bra lol) becoming familiar with your scent and voice. Once they are bonded they will come to you when you call their name, and even glide/fly to you from across the room! It's the coolest thing ever!

Omg she is adorable!!! :):):)
Thank you!!!

Just be careful once you get one marsupial you cant help but get more later. It gets to be addiction like chameleons. Next thing you know you will have a Kangaroo. It happened to me. Good luck with your awesome little baby.

Thank u!! Haha! A Kangaroo would be awesome!! I always wanted a Koala, figure this is about a close as I can get lol.

Wow, I've never heard of these that's crazy,I wanted to say squirrel but couldn't think how to spell it lol I've just showed this to my girlfriend and she is amazed!! But I think we have enought chams without any more pets

A trick to these guys are like hedgehogs too. Take something like a tshirt you have been laying around in for a day or 2 and put it in their sleeping pouch. They will smell your scent all day while they sleep and when you go to hold them they will correspond that scent with something calm and safe. This will allow for your glider to warm up to you a lot faster! Works like a charm. That and having a bonding pouch to tie around your neck and walk around with them in your house so they hear your heart beat. Best of luck to you! :)

A trick to these guys are like hedgehogs too. Take something like a tshirt you have been laying around in for a day or 2 and put it in their sleeping pouch. They will smell your scent all day while they sleep and when you go to hold them they will correspond that scent with something calm and safe. This will allow for your glider to warm up to you a lot faster! Works like a charm. That and having a bonding pouch to tie around your neck and walk around with them in your house so they hear your heart beat. Best of luck to you! :)

We've been doing the tshirt in pouch and cage thing... cut off a piece of one of mine and one of my hubbys. and put in her bonding pouch, and one in her cage with blankets. She's a total bra baby though... seems to enjoy snuggling and sleeping inside my sports bra, which from what I've read in the Sugar Glider forums is a great way for them to bond since they can feel heartbeat, and directly on skin. Of course when we are out I put her in the bonding pouch to be safe. But in the house she's a little bra baby :p

I love suggies n really want one but thought your suppose to keep them in trios? They're a social animal and need company/family

d'awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww so cute
Thank yOU!

I love suggies n really want one but thought your suppose to keep them in trios? They're a social animal and need company/family
They are social animals that require constant attention. Most people have jobs and kids, and other responsibilities that occupy their time.. so for most people it is recommended to get 2 or 3 so they can play with each other. But I have talked to many owners who have successfully had 1 glider without any problems, time is the factor. I have no kids and work from home, so I literally can spend all day long with the Suggie. I even brought her to Walmart, and out to dinner last night.. just had her in the pouch! And I normally don't go to sleep till 2-3am, so I've got plenty of time to play with her at night when she's awake. Of course its important to keep a close eye and monitor her behavior to make sure she doesnt show signs of depression. If they become bored, sad, depressed they will self mutilate (chew their arms, feet, genitals). I will keep a close eye and if I see ANY sign of depression ofcourse I would get her a little buddy. But for now, things seem to be working out great :)

Thank yOU!

They are social animals that require constant attention. Most people have jobs and kids, and other responsibilities that occupy their time.. so for most people it is recommended to get 2 or 3 so they can play with each other. But I have talked to many owners who have successfully had 1 glider without any problems, time is the factor. I have no kids and work from home, so I literally can spend all day long with the Suggie. I even brought her to Walmart, and out to dinner last night.. just had her in the pouch! And I normally don't go to sleep till 2-3am, so I've got plenty of time to play with her at night when she's awake. Of course its important to keep a close eye and monitor her behavior to make sure she doesnt show signs of depression. If they become bored, sad, depressed they will self mutilate (chew their arms, feet, genitals). I will keep a close eye and if I see ANY sign of depression ofcourse I would get her a little buddy. But for now, things seem to be working out great :)

That's brilliant! Sooo cute I'd love to have some. Yo many reps and dog at the min. Space is the decider for now or I would have a zoo by now lol

Lol did you watch those videos on YouTube with the doc. That showed everyone how to so that? Those are some good videos:)....... and yeah we hear they bond and do better if you have more then one so we got a few;)

Thank you very much!! I'm so in love with her.. she's got the cutest little nose! I do my nails myself... am a nail-polish-junkie. It's my favorite hobby other than furry animals and chameleons :p

Wow you got 3 of them! How cool is that?! She's doing great settling in, eating and drinking and even successfully potty training her! (not actually training but stimulating cloaca with baby wipe, so she doesnt have accidents in cage or pouch. Bonding is going great too, she's spends most of the day snoozing in my bra :p And at night we romp and play. She's barely been crabbing, other than when someone disturbs her bra-time beauty sleep lol.

Thank you!!! I feel the same way when I look at her little face, my heart just melts!!!!!!!!

Me too. They are amazing little animals!!

Back
Top Bottom