New Baby Sugar Glider!

They are very similar to flying squirrels, but aren't rodents. They're nocturnal marsupials, like Koalas & Kangaroos... native to Australia & Indonesia... Arboreal like Chameleons (live on tree tops) and glide from tree to tree around the forest. She's still a joey (baby) so she sleeps in pouch most of the day. They "bond" with you by spending time in your pouch (aka my bra lol) becoming familiar with your scent and voice. Once they are bonded they will come to you when you call their name, and even glide/fly to you from across the room! It's the coolest thing ever!

That is awesome! I never knew that! She's adorable, I saw a flying squirrel once, but she even puts that to shame :) Good Luck with your new baby :)

I have my beautiful boy, Yogi. You will fall in love! I do reccomend getting another, as they are social animals. Yogi had a mate, but when she died he refused to get along with any other gliders, so he's by himself now. Also, Yogi loves any dead crickets or mealworms that aren't fed to kukui in time. heck, he even likes them alive.

Also, set up a cute lil free range when she's a bit older. Yogi loves jumping around my room so I set up a bunch of indoor plants in one corner and he will jump all around on them for an hour or so.

Not to sound like a perv or anything but how do u fit your boobs and ur sugar glider in ur bra:confused: (not being perverted):eek:

Lol did you watch those videos on YouTube with the doc. That showed everyone how to so that? Those are some good videos:)....... and yeah we hear they bond and do better if you have more then one so we got a few;)

Next time my granddaughter wants to go to the zoo I am saving some money and driving out to your place Lee :p

Congrats to Supergirl on the new sugerglider. My wife went through a brief phase and wanted a couple but I was able to stall long enough until it passed. lol I'm sure if she sees this thread it will be on again

Next time my granddaughter wants to go to the zoo I am saving some money and driving out to your place Lee :p

Congrats to Supergirl on the new sugerglider. My wife went through a brief phase and wanted a couple but I was able to stall long enough until it passed. lol I'm sure if she sees this thread it will be on again

Lol anytime man we got everything over here and you missed out on our 2000 gal. Koi pond :D you still have to come see Bentley to ;)

I had a 1.1.3 of them. they were awesome pets but their cages needed to be cleaned ALOT to keep the smell down.
So far she's doing great with "potty training" lol... 3 days and no accidents. But I am taking her to the bathroom literally every 2 hours, my hubby thinks its hilarious, and our dog thinks I've lost my mind :p I just hold her in my hand over a newspaper, and wipe her hooha with a babywipe, and she goes potty. First thing when she wakes up from a nap, after eating/drinking, and whenever she gets antsy n fidgety in the pouch.. its her subtle way of saying "time to tinkle mom!"

Not to sound like a perv or anything but how do u fit your boobs and ur sugar glider in ur bra:confused: (not being perverted):eek:
It's a legit question :rolleyes: She fits right between them.. and its only when I wear a sports bra, so no hard underwires or anything like that. Plenty of room for her to snuggle between "the girls" :D

i saw that they bark at night, how do you handle that when your sleeping?

So far haven't had issues with barking at night... and I have her cage in the bedroom so I'm sure we woulda heard it. Granted I stay up pretty late playing with her, probably till 3am or so, maybe she just hasn't had the chance to get bored yet. Keeping my fingers crossed that she keeps doing this good... she barely even crabs, and no potty accidents in cage so far (but I watch her like a hawk.. she makes a certain noise when she's gotta go potty, which is about every 2-3 hours) She eats, plays, sleeps and poops.. repeat cycle every 3 hours lol.

AWGH! Ok.. if my hubby sees me drooling over this thread... he might kick me out.

I think.. after my ferret and my cat move over the rainbow bridge, ill look into getting some of these.

sound like a baby lol, do they ever get near your chameleon?

It's definitely like a baby... constant attention and poop every 2-3 hours :p She has not been anywhere near our Chameleons... I dont want to cause any of them any stress (glider or chams) and she is still a baby in the process of "bonding" so I don't want to overwhelm her with too much at once. She is curious about our dog though, looks at her n sniffs, but then hides back in my bra lol.

Congrats on your new family member. Snookie is absolutely adorable.
Thanks Jann! I have wanted one for so long... finally decided we were ready and am really enjoying every minute of it. We're making great progress bonding, its an awesome experience. She's such a little lovey dovey cuddle bug... makes my heart melt!!!!!

Sounds like little Snookie is a lot of work and a lot of fun........congrats on the new baby :D
Thanks David! She most definitely is alot of both... lots of work but so much fun! And very different than any other member of our family... surrounded by amazing little critters, each unique in their own way!

AWGH! Ok.. if my hubby sees me drooling over this thread... he might kick me out.

I think.. after my ferret and my cat move over the rainbow bridge, ill look into getting some of these.
Your Hubby's heart would surely melt after one look from these crabby little furballs :D You definitely need some. I can't begin to tell you how awesome it is to have a tiny little marsupial bonding with me, using my bra as her pouch! She just pokes her little head up, gives me a kiss, and crawls back in there! Takes cuteness to a whole other level!

They are very similar to flying squirrels, but aren't rodents. They're nocturnal marsupials, like Koalas & Kangaroos... native to Australia & Indonesia... Arboreal like Chameleons (live on tree tops) and glide from tree to tree around the forest. She's still a joey (baby) so she sleeps in pouch most of the day. They "bond" with you by spending time in your pouch (aka my bra lol) becoming familiar with your scent and voice. Once they are bonded they will come to you when you call their name, and even glide/fly to you from across the room! It's the coolest thing ever!

Thank you!!!

I am interested in pictures of your "bonding".

I am interested in pictures of your "bonding".

Here's a few crappy cell phone pix...

2012-08-21180413.jpg

2012-08-21180427.jpg

2012-08-21180530.jpg

2012-08-24105848.jpg

Back
Top Bottom