New Babies -- F2 Kinyongia multituberculata

Seeco

Avid Member
I have several F2 clutches incubating so I'm gonna make this thread the place where I announce successful hatchings (fingers crossed) and post the babies first pics. It will be interesting to see the difference between bloodlines straight out of the egg.

These guys are my first F2 captive bred hatchlings. Their parents were not anything super special but WOW the babies are looking crazy. Only time will tell. Anyway, here's the pics:

2b641a69.jpg

f41fe5d7.jpg

7536bc7a.jpg

c58915ae.jpg

Don't even know what them things are, but they are absolutely exquisite ! That being said, I would like to make a couple of brief observations, not meant to rain on the parade but there may be some who interpret it that way ( not my intention) first the infamous pvc coated hardware cloth, ( you may notice this is the same cage material as in my avatar, used it for many years) imo, I would be wary about letting neonates ( or whatever the proper term for those things is) frequenlty drink directly off of the wire and try to discourage whenever possible. pvc has been noted as a possible health risk in humans, and as a personal hunch, I suspect it may have played an adverse roll in a couple of my less than succesful clutches. ( just a hunch but I cannot offer any actual science to back it up).
Second, first let me say that all of them are beyond exquisite.
also pics can be very misleading, but imo, the animal on the far right in the middle section looks as though it may have a filarial worm ? Just a thought and just to be clear, I would like to say I wish you the very best of results in their long term care. I almost said luck, but imo, successful/unsuccessful husbandry is rarely a matter of luck.
I must say that I am highly impressed, which doesn't happen very often. Jmo

Last edited:
Don't even know what them things are, but they are absolutely exquisite ! That being said, I would like to make a couple of brief observations, not meant to rain on the parade but there may be some who interpret it that way ( not my intention) first the infamous pvc coated hardware cloth, ( you may notice this is the same cage material as in my avatar, used it for many years) imo, I would be wary about letting neonates ( or whatever the proper term for those things is) frequenlty drink directly of of the wire and try to discourage whenever possible. pvc has been noted as a possible health risk in humans, and as a personal hunch, I suspect it may have played an adverse roll in a couple of my less than succesful clutches. ( just a hunch but I cannot offer any actual science to back it up).
Second, first let me say that all of them are beyond exquisite, and also pics can be very misleading, but imo, the animal on the far right in the middle section looks as though it may have a filarial worm ? Just a thought and just to be clear, I would like to say I wish you the very best of results in their long term care. I almost said luck, but imo, succssful/unsuccessful husbandry is rarely a matter of luck.
I must say that I am highly impressed, which doesn't happen very often. Jmo

They are newly hatched babies. I would be extremely surprised if they were already exposed and infected with parasites. To the best of my knowledge breeding females cannot transfer parasites to fertile eggs. The parasites would interfere with development of the eggs and embryos.

Last edited:
Congratulations man!

Thats awesome!

Those tails are INSANE!

They look amazing, looking forward to seeing them grow up. :)

Very nice to see that people working with these species up to f2;
Here in EU not many people are doing the effort to work with multituberculata(not many with kinyongia in general)
Maybe with the import stop things wil change.
Succes with the babys;)

Back
Top Bottom