New Apartments added to the GOC

Action Jackson

Chameleon Enthusiast
I added some new shelves to my GOC in an effort to keep my set ups clean and functional. I needed to make room for some new cages and space is at a premium so here's what I came up with.

I added a new shelf to the end of the GOC to support 4 18x18x36 cages. My original idea included using 4x4 posts to support the frame but I changed to these angled supports that don't touch the ground. The main advantage besides looking better IMO, is that it eliminates a pathway for ants to get up to the cages. I can continue to spray for ants around the bottom of the GOC and not have to worry about ants getting onto the new shelves.

The cages are supported on 3/4 pvc that have 1/2 emt (metal conduit) inside. This keeps the cages from sitting on a wet surface and helps to greatly reduce corrosion.

I ran a gutter underneath the shelves that right now drain to a bucket but will soon tie into our underground yard drains.

I also built a shelf along the back that can support 7 more cages.

The water for these cages will be controlled by the existing water system for the GOC and other cages.

It was fun to put this all together and I think it will work great and keep the ground from being wet all the time. Should also make these little buggers happy.

Wow thats a beautiful setup you have, with the garden and everything. What does GOC stand for, and is that one giant enclosure?

The best looking GOC out there just got better.

If I had your backyard I would probably lose my job because I would be late everyday.

that's awesome. if only i had great weather 12 months a year. i'm very jealous of your setup and your weather!!!

Look'in good. And thanks for the large silkworms yesterday. It was still a little cool this morning (as I placed the silkworms around for the parsons) before heading off to work. But that didn't stop one of the big panther boys from snagging one.

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    264.4 KB · Views: 225
Looks great, but...does that stain match?:eek:
The meru/johnstoni/parsoni farm is expanding exponentially!
Staghorns and tislandias look good too.

I think that veggie garden's time is limited, kind looks like the begining of another GOC.

Last edited:
It looks even better than when I saw it a few weeks ago. You do am amazing world for your chams. That must be why they all looked so healthy, happy and clean. Doing an excellent job, but where are the johnsonsi you were getting?

Look'in good. And thanks for the large silkworms yesterday. It was still a little cool this morning (as I placed the silkworms around for the parsons) before heading off to work. But that didn't stop one of the big panther boys from snagging one.

Thanks Steve, I'm happy to have something to give you since you go out of your way to help a brotha out with feeders. Very much appreciated.

Looks great, but...does that stain match?:eek:
The meru/johnstoni/parsoni farm is expanding exponentially!
Staghorns and tislandias look good too.

I think that veggie garden's time is limited, kind looks like the begining of another GOC.

I was hoping you wouldn't notice that Tylene.:)
I already tried to convince my wife we needed to get rid of the Garden but that didn't work out so well.:D

I'm attempting to stay consistent with my terms however I'm going currently with GOE or Giant Outdoor Enclosure.

That's good to know.:)

It looks even better than when I saw it a few weeks ago. You do am amazing world for your chams. That must be why they all looked so healthy, happy and clean. Doing an excellent job, but where are the johnsonsi you were getting?

Thank you Laure. The Johnstonii hopefully will be here by the end of the month.

I just got home a found the very nice present you sent. OMG that was so nice! Thank you, I love them!!

OMG.. That is one beautiful set up. :D You have done a great job. The water and drain system are top notch. Way to go. I too would be late every day to work if I had that back yard. Heck, I probably wouldn't have a job. lol

Back
Top Bottom