Nemo is getting weak

Eyal

:(:(
Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? Combo, plastic and screen
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? House boulb and uvb light
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? 25-30 C
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? Its nearly 70 % between showers and 85 when sprayed.
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? Fake plants
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? In my chameleon room, isnt a traffic area.
Location - Where are you geographically located?
Sweden

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? Yemen chameleon, female, 2 weeks abouts. Since born ;)
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? When i clean out the vivarium
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? about 10-15 hatched crickets every other day, well since the past few days the amount is going down. Gutloaded
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? Calcium every other day with vitamins.
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? Everyday 3-4 times a day
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? Its perfect, blackbrownish and white urate
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. This is the only hatchling who survived, my little Nemo got help through the hatching process since it was very weak.
Current Problem - The current problem that you are concerned about.

The little guy has started to get very pale and sleeping most of the days... She isnt opening her eyes even when i poke her or pick her up. My big guys are perfectly handled and kept with no medical or bad condition at all.

Think its just a miracle she is alive or is there ANYTHING i can do? 2 years i've been studying chameleons but i dont find any reason other than she is the only one that survived besides her eggmates wasn't fertile?

Hi mate,this is one of those things...survival of the fittest,if the whole clutch was weak its not surprizing that you've run into problems now,like you said its a miracle that it made it this far.

*BUMP BUMP*

Sorry I dont have any answers for you BUT i wanted someone else to answer maybe if its at the top they will see it.:eek:

EDIT* sorry treelion I guess we answered at the same time!!

Also I had a littrle hatchling that for 2 weeks and it was doing just fine then suddenly started sleeping more and eating less.......Then I woke up ne day and it had passed.....So like he said it is survival of the fittest

one of those things...survival of the fittest,if the whole clutch was weak its not surprizing that you've run into problems now,like you said its a miracle that it made it this far.

Yeh , thanks man ! well ill keep it up until she's gone! Its not everyday you hatch a monster though ;)

its weird i mean how long can they stay alive without eating? cause they absorb water through their skin and she is drinking so dehydration is not a problem...

She has food yes but her eyes are closed everytime i peak into her crib.. my guesses she got a bacterial infection of some kind. I dont really know but yes her eyes are closed all the time.

Finally had time to go over this thread again.

What are the dimensions of the cage?
What brand and type (spiral, compact, long linear tube) of UVB light are you using?
25 to 30F is too hot IMHO for a hatchling. I keep mine at about 25F is about the tops I would leave it at.

Is she drinking now? Have you tried putting the cricket between her teeth when her mouth is open?

Long linear tube UV light, no problems there.
One part of the viv is 29 C and the other 23 my measures today. So she can go whereever she want without getting too hot or too cold.

She stopped drinking yesterday and she is not drinking today either.

I dont want to stress her out but i've tried it. The thing she'll do is that she will close and spit it out , and the cricket dies... Then i tried a bit deeper but she wont swallow.

I think its just in the matter of hours until she dies.
I will try everything until then...

Its just wierd going from perfect health to this in one day only...

she swallowed one now and want reeeaaally weak, she is just laying down ... I think she's had it :(

Back
Top Bottom