Need an Easy Do-It-Yourself Wood Cage Plan

Mew

Hi there,

I know there is a thread with several enclosures, but most of them seem to be photos only or lack there of, or involve use of aluminum. I am looking for a step by step easy wood and screen enclosure plan that can be built with relatively few tools and fairly cheaply.

Thanks much!
Mew

A simple wood frame wrapped in screen is all you would need then if you arent concered about drainage. If so, buy a plastic drain pan and build the frame to fit it. This would be fairly easy and you wouldn't need any instructions. The tools you would need include a hammer, nails, staple gun, and a box of staples. You could probable get your local hardware store or even home depot or lowes to cut the wood to the sizes you need. then just nail it all together. But make sure you use L brackets in the corners for support. Then the only other things you would have to buy are the door handle, hinges, and the screen. It all depends on just how simple you really want it. Then you just put in your foilage and lots of climbing instruments, add lighting and viola! But like I said, I could explain several different concepts if I knew exactly what you were looking for in this cage of yours. But this could still run you around $60 give or take, so just keep that in mind. What kind of budget are we talking about?

I'm looking to spend no more than around 100 dollars, I think I'm going to install a pvc system wrapped in ZM mesh for climbing as well as various plants etc

Back
Top Bottom