NEED ADVICE ASAP!!

I will have to look at some I have around at home later. I would only feed 4-5 drops max per feeding. If you can get a bug in his mouth that would be better at this point.
I have caught quite the collection of baby bugs to save for when he gets stronger. But I’ve had him 5 days and last night was the first dose of repti boost and this morning, it’s hard enough to get him to open up for that so I may wait another day or two before putting a bug in there. Idk if he’s strong enough to swallow a bug yet :/

I understand your position it could cost that much and you have already given him a chance he would not have had. Food might be enough to get him through this but I had to let you know the best option.

Attachments

• 85807DF0-9DFA-433F-88C6-3329223A89DA.jpeg
    85807DF0-9DFA-433F-88C6-3329223A89DA.jpeg
    172.9 KB · Views: 75
I understand your position it could cost that much and you have already given him a chance he would not have had. Food might be enough to get him through this but I had to let you know the best option.
And I appreciate that! I wish I could take him to a vet. I’m hoping he just has a few slight injuries and has just been severely dehydrated/hungry for however long it may have been suffering on the ground. I’m hoping for the best but definitely prepared for the worst. I personally feel like his conditions are improving. Been feeding the repti boost, misting with warm water, and a short sun bathe. He’s moving his limbs a lot more and the breathing is less shallow. Since he’s wild he doesn’t need a uv lamp? I live in Hawaii and it’s pretty warm here. I have him in a box lined with paper towels and I covered him up with a big leaf in hopes to bring his stress levels down. I hope this is enough.

Getting him some real sun daily will be enough UVB for a little while.

CC's are the same thing as ml's there are ~5 in a teaspoon or 15 in a tablespoon.
It is better to underfeed him than overfeed him.

How long should I be letting him sun bathe in the natural sun outside? Again he is wild, so I do not have a uvb lamp

I would go at least 20 minutes a day for now without over heating him. As he warms up he will turn lighter in color. Don't let him get pale.

I would go at least 20 minutes a day for now without over heating him. As he warms up he will turn lighter in color. Don't let him get pale.
Update: DAY 7!!!! More and more colors coming through. More movement, crawled from one side of the box to the other. Most of that mucus in the mouth cleared and the mouth looks more normal. Eyes still haven’t opened yet.

Attachments

• A32E0B2F-A131-49D4-8A97-0B06CB228D87.jpeg
    A32E0B2F-A131-49D4-8A97-0B06CB228D87.jpeg
    166.2 KB · Views: 78
I do think he’ll make it, I have seen incredible turnarounds with these lil dudes.
I think so too! So much improvement in one week. It’s mouth looked like literal death, black and purple and a lot of mucus, and now it looks normal and healthy, pink in color. It’s moving all its limbs more. Easier to open its mouth and syringe feed it. And when I hold it he’s more responsive and grabs my fingers. I think it just fell out of the tree and starved and dehydrated for a few days. I can finally constantly see its chest compressions and it’s breathing more. This thing was definitely near death when I found him. He’s improved tremendously.

Attachments

• B5C24781-8ED7-487A-BC97-368EBF0D30D8.jpeg
    B5C24781-8ED7-487A-BC97-368EBF0D30D8.jpeg
    251.7 KB · Views: 66
Back
Top Bottom