Neck poofs

I really love it when my veiled and my panther unfurl their pretty little neck skin. I assume it's so they can get the most surface area for basking under a light? It really is beautiful. Would love to see your little guys doing a poof as well, their necks usually carry such vibrant color patterns.

Attachments

• 20210525_082652.jpg
    20210525_082652.jpg
    279.5 KB · Views: 98
She goes to this pattern for her branches and when moving to leaves or her tree she goes light, just depends on where she's at.

As I'm sure you're aware chameleons like to blend.

She goes to this pattern for her branches and when moving to leaves or her tree she goes light, just depends on where she's at.
This is not how their changing color works though... They do not blend in to their environment. When they are young it is a typical sign of trying to warm up when they go that dark. How are you checking your temps at the branch?

I'll pass on the husbandry review, thank you.
Wow... If your going to post in this forum you will get responses from people that are actually experienced when we see something that is not quite right. And honestly for newer members with little hands on experience this can be the difference in a chameleon thriving or dying. Good luck to you.

Wow... If your going to post in this forum you will get responses from people that are actually experienced when we see something that is not quite right. And honestly for newer members with little hands on experience this can be the difference in a chameleon thriving or dying. Good luck to you.
I live in portland oregon where ambient temps are cold. I keep my apartment warm and her basking post is literally directly under her lamps which I bought when I did a husbandry review in ANOTHER thread. So yeah, I'm sorry that I don't want help from someone who just assumed I didn't try to take care of my chameleon.

There's a distinct difference between someone helping because they want to get their ego boost for the day, and someone genuinely trying to help. So yes, I'm passing on this review, from you specifically, thanks.

I live in portland oregon where ambient temps are cold. I keep my apartment warm and her basking post is literally directly under her lamps which I bought when I did a husbandry review in ANOTHER thread. So yeah, I'm sorry that I don't want help from someone who just assumed I didn't try to take care of my chameleon.

There's a distinct difference between someone helping because they want to get their ego boost for the day, and someone genuinely trying to help. So yes, I'm passing on this review, from you specifically, thanks.
The difference here is you came at me with attitude. I wasnt assuming you didnt know what you were doing. I saw an image of a baby that has colors that show stress and or temp issue. And I thought you might like the help since your new and in a CHAMELEON FORUM. I have no problem not helping people like you that let their ego get in the way of their chameleons care. So respectfully good luck to you.

The difference here is you came at me with attitude. I wasnt assuming you didnt know what you were doing. I saw an image of a baby that has colors that show stress and or temp issue. And I thought you might like the help since your new and in a CHAMELEON FORUM. I have no problem not helping people like you that let their ego get in the way of their chameleons care. So respectfully good luck to you.
I have plenty of people here who actually helped me, no thanks to you, and they did just a fine job. I'll pass on your concern, because it's literally not founded.

Coming from a person who claims their chameleon "blends in with their surroundings" 🤣

The dark is not normal. @Beaman is very knowledgeable. You called it proofing? It is their gular pouch they expand it to look larger not for heat. Dark is stress.

The dark is not normal. @Beaman is very knowledgeable. You called it proofing? It is their gular pouch they expand it to look larger not for heat. Dark is stress.
Dark is not stress all the time, she has no reason to be stressed right now, she's literally just chilling and basking but okay, she's stressed I guess. So what I called it a poof, I didn't know the technical name, I guess Beaman brings all the snobs out?

@Beman is not here for ego boosts, nor am I. I believe she and I share the same reason for being here and offering our help...to pass on the help in learning that we received and try to make the world of individual chameleons better. If you don’t want any assistance, that is fine. But, if you do state something that is not true, it will be corrected by others so that incorrect information is not proliferated.

@Beman is not here for ego boosts, nor am I. I believe she and I share the same reason for being here and offering our help...to pass on the help in learning that we received and try to make the world of individual chameleons better. If you don’t want any assistance, that is fine. But, if you do state something that is not true, it will be corrected by others so that incorrect information is not proliferated.
That's fine. Thanks for correcting it. It's been corrected 5 times. If a mod could just lock this thread, that'd be great. Thank you.

Beman is a wonderful keeper and excellent at helping other keepers. When I had my precious babies last year, I was so busy with moving to a new state, taking care of all my adults and other pets, along with 28 babies, Beman agreed to mentor new keepers that wanted one of my babies, for me. I trust her completely. It’s been a year now any all that she mentored are still doing an excellent job. I think you should be extra nice to her and give her a chance. You are lucky to have her to help you.

Also, I agree the dark color is not natural and they don’t normally puff their chins when basking. Please take her advise.

Back
Top Bottom