Nachitos road to recovery

Just got home from a week long trip! My parents took care of all my pets while I was gone.
I haven’t seen Nachtio in a week and I just snapped this adorable photo of her sleeping! Her tail is so cute and curled!!!!!
D01A412F-F5D5-4C88-8BE6-223B2791C6F6.jpeg

ahhhh so I’m finally full into chameleon keeping! I can’t stop worrying about my girl when I’m gone! She will probably be fine in my friends care but gosh it’s freaking me out.
There was only one mistake : There was a miscommunication for roaches to feed and now one of my adult females are dead due to Nachito trying to eat her (miscommunication was cleared up and baby roaches where fed instead)

How do y’all deal with the anxiety of leaving your chameleons in others hands😖

ahhhh so I’m finally full into chameleon keeping! I can’t stop worrying about my girl when I’m gone! She will probably be fine in my friends care but gosh it’s freaking me out.
There was only one mistake : There was a miscommunication for roaches to feed and now one of my adult females are dead due to Nachito trying to eat her (miscommunication was cleared up and baby roaches where fed instead)

I just make sure I'm available 24/7, give them my vet info, leave detailed instructions that I've walked them through, and use competent people. The worry is always there though!

Well, I’m in that situation right now, we’re gone for 9 days ☹️

The anxiety stays, at least for the people that really care for their animals, so therefore you won’t get rest ☺️

However, a camera works for the piece of mind (which you already have). And good people that care of them is important and who know how much you care for your chams (animals). First time we left them, was a mistake to let my mom take care of them. She did it with best interest, however, she didn’t respect the chameleons rules, with distance and slow approach, resulting in a Cham that was shy as hell and needed to get used to us again. Now we have friends, who are doing it for second time now, and they do an excellent job and keep us constantly updated with pictures and movies of them.

Last edited:
@Ghostbirb In case I have not told you... It is because of people like you that I stay in the forum and help. To see what you have done for her and how far you have come in such a short time really warms my heart. It makes seeing all the bad things here manageable. It is why I share endlessly all the different things I know so that hopefully more people will be like you with their chameleon. So thank you for sticking around and showing us that we make a difference here. ❤️

@Ghostbirb In case I have not told you... It is because of people like you that I stay in the forum and help. To see what you have done for her and how far you have come in such a short time really warms my heart. It makes seeing all the bad things here manageable. It is why I share endlessly all the different things I know so that hopefully more people will be like you with their chameleon. So thank you for sticking around and showing us that we make a difference here. ❤️
Awwwww I just want to make my pets happy :D I’m glad this forum is here to help!
My way with animals is, how would I feel in their situation? And then I do my best to find how to make the situation better!

So today I was checking out the shedding short on YouTube made by Neptune the Chameleon and I wondered when my girl would start shedding again! Well I check on her though the cam and low and behold she is shedding! She’s also been very active today! Constantly setting off the motion sensor
CF27F721-C69F-4685-B772-0A26F3515B7C.jpeg
B1C11173-F165-4558-95F1-FB758DFB61CB.jpeg
C13BFFEB-8B13-469B-AD35-389B2E7758E2.jpeg
928D8CEC-3DFC-4BB8-8D09-7A5F26936D36.jpeg

I had to take Nachito out today to add some plants and move some plants in her cage, she came out pretty nicely when tempted by a waxworm, wasn’t to thrilled to be moved to a temporary holding plant tho lol.
When I was putting her back she was not happy to climb on my hand, I managed to get her on it tho but with lots of hissing and darkening of her colors. And omg she is so pretty with her angry colors! I managed to snap some photos of her before getting her in her cage.
FAD6D263-D526-4B2F-885A-D054E250FFE0.jpeg
F895959C-84C1-4BA5-9482-7BA48C7423E5.jpeg

1A214453-3EAA-4BBE-ACF2-7F5B7F7B1F5F.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom