My Petsitter and her son need your thoughts and prayers

Amanda appreciates all the prayers. They have induced a coma to allow little Ryans brain to rest. He is some what stable but still in very critical condition.

i'm saying prayers throughout the day for her, Ryan, her family and you!! i know how dear Amanda is to you.. please keep us updated...

Jonathan and I have been thinking about him constantly the last couple days. I'm hoping that his saving grace is how young he is, little brains are very elastic and can do amazing things. Hoping for the best.

I hope everything turns out for the best. Hopefully a little rest is just what his brain needs. Will continue to pray for him

Jonathan and I have been thinking about him constantly the last couple days. I'm hoping that his saving grace is how young he is, little brains are very elastic and can do amazing things. Hoping for the best.

That is what the doctor said about my little cousin Sophie; the same thing happened to her. She spent between 5-8 minutes underwater and was pulled out of the pool with no vital signs. She is now 9 years old and is the happiest little girl I know. She is nothing short of a miracle, and I hope little Ryan is as well.

Hang in there little man, we are all praying for you.

Update on Ryan

As of yesterday there had been no change. He does not have in swelling in his brain so that's a good sign. Amanda appreciates all the thoughts and prayers and says to keep them coming.

Did they do the scan to see if there was brain activity? (Sorry if I missed it before)

Will keep sending prayers!!!

Yes, they did on the first day and there was no brain activity. I don't know if the scan has been repeated.

I can't imagine what Ryan's mother and family are going through. My thoughts and sympathy are with them, and I hope to hear that Ryan is awake and smiling soon. Sorry Jann :(

I just saw this. I'm so sorry.

I will keep them in my thoughts.

Kids are tough and medical teams are smart so I'm full of hope that all will work out well.

Ryan update

First Amanda and I would like to thank everyone for their thought and prayers. Amanda says to please keep them coming.

Ryan is stable but still critical. He is breathing more on his own, but still using a ventilator. His EEG scan came back good. And MRI show subtle isolated damage in his in basal glia, which is in the lower part of the brain. He is still in a coma and they are keeping him cold to preserve the brain.

I will keep on praying for the little guy and his family. I wish them well and hope for a speedy recovery! This is such a heart breaking story :(

Back
Top Bottom