My new cham, Pat.

The CHs hatched by Mike are all close to 3 months old. The first of the four clutches started hatching May 28th.

Inspired by the Pat Update :D I just weighed my CH group. One is 6g and the rest are now all 5g. Going by my CB growth chart on the MD, they are right about where they should be for this age. I'm watching for that growth spurt to the double digits in month 4, whoo-whoo!

And to those feeding houseflies to these little monsters... can they pack them away, or what?!

3 months already?! He told me mine was about 5 weeks old..... and I got him 4 weeks ago... so he is 9 weeks old if he was 5 weeks old at the time I purchased him.

I'll get in touch with Mike to find out hatch dates....

If hes 9 weeks old... then hes growing pretty well by the looks of your scale.

I guess I'll hijack the ol' Pat thread again for weight comparisons, because it is handy.

This week: one is 8g, the rest are all 6g. The eldest brood (of the four of Mike's this year) is officially 3 months old.

I saw a post somewhere on here of one CH at 10g last week!!! Wow! That one is going to be a BEAST!

I just weighed Major-6 grams. I worry about him in the big boy cage, but I never really saw him eat in the tub either.

I know it is no comparision, but interesting-I weighed one of my not quite 2 month old Veileds-10 grams-talk about big babies!

A little bit of an update on Pat.

He had taken a turn for what i thought was the worst. I took some great advice from Kristina and he is now on the road to recovery. He is now a little over 11 grams. He has been eating small crickets and today I put in some small silk worms and he ate one right away. He was up to 11 grams before his decline. I had changed him into a cage and wasn't keeping him warm enough at night and he lost a bunch of weight. I think he dropped to 7 grams:( He now is kept warm and I check on it often to make sure he isn't below 73* at night. He is also back in his tub. During the day he'll see temps in the mid 80s TOPS if its warm outside. But I think he stays right around 78*.

Thanks for the help K!

Its pat!

AIGHT!

As I said before, Pat wasn't doing so hot.... well i have some comparison pics for ya!

Taken 10-4-08. This was just after I got tips from Kristina on how to turn his weight loss around. She told me I was keeping him too cold. I put him back into his tub and started using a heat coil on him at night to keep him warm.

IMG_8382.jpg

IMG_8381.jpg

Pictures taken this morning. He is feeding on small silkworms and small crickets, poops each day and is much much more active!:D:cool:

IMG_8944.jpg

IMG_8951.jpg

IMG_8952.jpg

IMG_8945.jpg

Back
Top Bottom