My new cham, Pat.

I got my first Melleri today. I purchased him from the Tiki Tiki booth at the San Diego Super Show. I will try and keep up with posting updates of photos and weight. I have named this little cham Pat, after the SNL skit.:p

Ready to check out of his travel cup
IMG_7261.jpg

Exploring the new plant from Jeweled Chameleons.
IMG_7263.jpg

IMG_7266.jpg

Looking good.
IMG_7270.jpg

Weighing in.
IMG_7269.jpg

Measuring in.
IMG_7272.jpg

I am very happy to finally get one of these guys, and to have a CH with now parasites.:D

Aaaaw, it's PAT!

Good weight on it.

Those wide plant stalks and broad leaves may be a bit hard for little feet to grasp. You might also give it a schefflera to climb in...?

K, I'll post up some pics of his cage. That isn't his plant. I just had to take him out of the little container asap when I got home and that was the only clean plant. He has a little ficus and a few pieces of bamboo going side to side in his cage that I find him climbing around on, a lot. He is so cute. He LOVE house flies! I just need to get the gut load for the flies.

Awesome Man! Perfect name for a Mellers!!! What's up with the Klan hat on your cage though???lol j/k

HEHE thanks, I always loved the Pat skits from SNL.

That Klan hat is for keeping the mist from spraying all over. The cage is a loaner from Dave Weldon and he asked that I not cut the screen. So I made a shower cap for the heat lamp and a rain coat for the UVB lamp. I also had to make a new drainage trap for the cham cage. I cut up wire hangers to make the frame for the Klan cap and then covered it with a shower curtain. The rain cap for the heat lamp just covers the ceramic part of the fixture and the holes. I figure the metal won't explode from sudden misting. The UVB is covered with the bag it came in. I took the fixture all apart and tucked the plastic into the insides. Water doesn't touch anything but the plastic bag. I even sealed the power cord to the plastic.

HaHa... I was looking for that guy! Note the mark on his side, that is the one that I was going to keep for myself! :p Glad you like him though!

HaHa... I was looking for that guy! Note the mark on his side, that is the one that I was going to keep for myself! :p Glad you like him though!

Which mark? lol he has a lot of them.:D

And yes I do like him. :)

Right now hes being a bit fussy about what he wants to eat. Yesterday Pat ate everything I gave him it seemed. Now hes just watching the flies zip around while he sits on his perch. :rolleyes:

IMG_7294.jpg

I can't believe you really went back and got one. Arrrgh. Now I'm really sorry I didn't get one with you!

He looks awesome. I guess he waited for you. Someone warned about parasites. Do a fecal whenever you can.

I'm so jealous!!!

That Klan hat is for keeping the mist from spraying all over. The cage is a loaner from Dave Weldon and he asked that I not cut the screen. So I made a shower cap for the heat lamp and a rain coat for the UVB lamp. I also had to make a new drainage trap for the cham cage. I cut up wire hangers to make the frame for the Klan cap and then covered it with a shower curtain. The rain cap for the heat lamp just covers the ceramic part of the fixture and the holes. I figure the metal won't explode from sudden misting. The UVB is covered with the bag it came in. I took the fixture all apart and tucked the plastic into the insides. Water doesn't touch anything but the plastic bag. I even sealed the power cord to the plastic.

Wow.
I just spray everything down here ... lights and all.

-Brad

I can't believe you really went back and got one. Arrrgh. Now I'm really sorry I didn't get one with you!

He looks awesome. I guess he waited for you. Someone warned about parasites. Do a fecal whenever you can.

I'm so jealous!!!

yeah... renee wanted to go to the show and I REALLY REALLY wanted to grab a melleri. I guess I got Chad's :D

Back
Top Bottom