My nchisiensis are mating! Gestation length?

dartfrog

Hi everyone
I was tidying up my Nchisiensis viv earlier this evening, went to check on them an hour ago to make sure they were ok, & to my amazment they are mating theyre still at it!;) Im so happy theyre both CB Ive had them since they were a couple of months theyre now approx 10months old, so hopefully should have healthy eggs. Does anyone know whenI can expect the eggs I cant find any info on Gestation, also best incubation temps?
Thanks so much Hatherxxx

Congrats! Do you have any pics of these guys? I kept them years ago but never had any luck with them breeding. I remember the males being much smaller than the females. I like their blue eye turrets.

Thanks Tiff, yes I was very excited, how embarrassing was that! They were still at it 3hrs later even after their lights went out, I left the conservatory light on, but finally had to turn it off which still didnt stop them they fell asleep still loved up!:) Thanks as well Jeremy I havnt any pics of these 2 will try & post some soon, your right about the males being smaller they seem to grow much more slowly than the females.
Heatherxxx

These pics are the ones that I used to have. This was back in 2005 or so.
Female R. nchisiensis:
Pics8-5-06244.jpg

Male R. nchisiensis:
PICS8-5-06198.jpg

Congrats!
There is information about this species on the internet, but I did not find the time to translate it:Go to caresheet
Maybe you can translate it in Google-translate.
But I will give you a short translation of the part of the text:
Gestation length is between 3 to 5 weeks.

Best regards,
Tom

Lovely pics Jeremy they are such preety little chams arnt they.
Thanks so much for the link Tom very imformative! Do you keep these little guys yourself? Heatherxxx

I have keept them succesfully but at the moment I work with Rh.spinosus, Rh.acuminatus and Rh.viridis. And some Trioceros species...

Back
Top Bottom