My little ones progress

Louise

Hey im new on here, just thought id show off my lovely male yemen chameleon called Aeneas. When i got him he was very small and not very well as youll see in the first picture. Now hes about 8 or 9 months and is doing great have a look :)

Only about a month or 2 when i got him.

Aeneasmynewbaby.jpg

a sneeky picture of a shed a couple of weeks ago.

DSCF0309.jpg

DSCF0312.jpg

Upside down
DSCF0139.jpg

First welcome to the forum. I can see a lot on improvement in the time you have had him. If you fill out the help form, in the last response, our experts can advise you on anything that should be tweeked for the chams health.

I don't believe there was a question posted by the owner!

To Louise: He looks great! You have done a wonderful job!

Syn was the one who asked about his listing casque...could be a result of the poor condition of the little guy when she got him.

Yeah when i got him he wasnt being fed or watered right, the guy was giving him no calicum powder on his food and was expecting him to drink his water from a small container on the ground, which was the only source of water he give. Also the little guy was very stressed out from being handeled too much. I think ive done a pretty good job based on the condition hes been in, but its too bad his past shows in his casque..

to lizard lover: that was my chameleon when i first got him when he was in bad condition the other pictures are him now

Sorry for posting so many replys but since ive been saying about his curved casque i thought id show a better picture of it. Again id like to stress this is because of the poor condition i bought him in.

DSCF0109.jpg

He looks awesome. The fact that his poor casque was THAT curved and you rescued him is fantastic. I'm really surprised his limbs and claws look in good shape. He could have suffered MUCH worse permanent deformities. You've obviously done a great job taking care of him.

Thanks ! hes my first chameleon too so im pretty proud that i was able to get him in better condition, just couldnt leave him in the state he was in. He's great although because he was such a poorly infant i did not want to stress him anymore so i kept any handling to a bare minium if any at all which has lead me to be unable to handel him now. although he does hand feed and if hes in a good mood im allowed to stroke him :)

Hey Louise I didn't mean to sound like I thought you are doing anything wrong. It looks like you are doing a great job with the little guy and he will make a wonderful friend. I only suggested the help form because with this being your first cham and him starting with a problem, I thought someone might have a good idea or 2 for you.:)

Its nice to hear of a cham being well looked after and rescued after being in poor condition. What would make the casque go like that, is it a bone problem?? :confused:

he wasnt being given calicum on his food and was dehydrated for the first two months of his life. so i feel that may have affected his development and it was just too late to be corrected sadly.

it does give him a bit of charater i think

Back
Top Bottom