My Fish/Turtle Tank :D

RESGuy

My Fish/Turtle Tank :D WARNING: Lots of Pictures!!!

The new pictures:
Tank032.jpg

Tank033.jpg

Tank034.jpg

Tank035.jpg

Tank036.jpg

Tank037.jpg

The others:

My Platy:
Turtleandfiss034.jpg

Tank022.jpg

Tank011.jpg

Tank015.jpg

Tank022-1.jpg

Tank023.jpg

Tank026.jpg

My goldfish got in this one hehe.
Tank018.jpg

Continued in the next post ...

Last edited:
That's really cool, i also have a red eared slider, he along with to others is in a pond right on the side of my house.It's enclosed were no predetores can get him, and he has a bunch of room to strech his legs.

RESGuy I read in another thread where you said you did not know whether your turtle was male or female. That is 100% a male. The front claws are way to long to be a female. Looks good.

Jordan said:
RESGuy I read in another thread where you said you did not know whether your turtle was male or female. That is 100% a male. The front claws are way to long to be a female. Looks good.
No offense but their is no way that you can tell its sex at a young age and a size of 2.5". Its true that you can tell the sex by the length of the claws and the cloaca. But you can only acuratly know whether its male or female at its adult size of 4". So you can't be 100% sure its a male because its just a guess ;)

Sorry, but I have to agree...

with RESguy. That baby RES is too young to positively ID it's gender. Usually they have to be sexually mature (at least a couple years old) to tell for sure. I've been fooled more than a few times in the past 20 years by hatchlings I've raised (RES, yellow-bellies, chickens, painteds, muds, musks, boxies). Very long front claws, concave plastron and longer tails are all tell-tale of male for sure but this little turt is just too young, IMO.

Using RESguy's own photo..these are the long claws of a male?

Attachments

• Tank036.jpg
    Tank036.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 224
LunaC said:
with RESguy. That baby RES is too young to positively ID it's gender. Usually they have to be sexually mature (at least a couple years old) to tell for sure. I've been fooled more than a few times in the past 20 years by hatchlings I've raised (RES, yellow-bellies, chickens, painteds, muds, musks, boxies). Very long front claws, concave plastron and longer tails are all tell-tale of male for sure but this little turt is just too young, IMO.

Using RESguy's own photo..these are the long claws of a male?
Yeah, exactly Luna. Thanks for explaining. Yeah lol In that picture the claws are so small haha Now they are a bit longer but he is still under 3 inches which is way below the size to sex it.

Does your RES try to eat any of the fish......LOL I put fish in with my turtles and it was a mad house in there to see who could get the most to eat....or is it still a little too young for the fishes....

im in bed with the flu so my judgement may be off but did any of you have a red flag go off when you saw the land based tortoise on that small piece of land in the top in the 1st pic and not see the animal listed in his current animal list??
jose

im in bed with the flu so my judgement may be off but did any of you have a red flag go off when you saw the land based tortoise on that small piece of land in the top in the 1st pic and not see the animal listed in his current animal list??
jose

Its in several of the images, it never appears to move- a resin figure ornament?

~Beth~

jose

Haha, Jose. Thats a figurine, not a tort. Besides, Id give 5 minutes for a tort to drowned in there.

hahahaa Yeah it really is a tort!!! He has been living in there fine for well over a year. Though I do find it a bit odd he has never moved from that one spot before ... nor has it ever moved befre, is this normal behavior for that species?

Seriously. It's fake:eek:

cool-cool i should rest when im sick and i was resting till i saw that then i jumped outa my bed but i would been more stern and well...mean if i realy thought it was live but i had enough faith in ya;)

Back
Top Bottom