My First Chameleon, Razu!

ReptiGurl

Hello everyone! I would like to introduce my approximately 3.5-4 month old Ambilobe Panther Chameleon who comes from a high red sire. His name is Razu, I brought him home yesterday. He was a surprise gift from my boyfriend, Travis (ReptiGeek) as a way of saying how proud he was of me for graduating my hair school program. This morning we watched him drink from some leaves and move around which was nice to see. He was very scared when we brought him home last night. We also hand fed him 3 crickets which was very exciting I must say! And then watched him catch some more crickets and mealworms out of his dish! I'm falling in love with the little guy already and I haven't even had him for a full 24 hours yet. Without further ado, here are some photos :D !

DSC_0358_zpse93bbce1.jpg

DSC_0355_zps49c5707d.jpg

DSC_0354-1_zps23c671ee.jpg

DSC_0343_zps4f75848a.jpg

DSC_0339_zps15a1be9c.jpg

DSC_0329_zps78da773c.jpg

Well hello razu.he's a handsome little lad.was razu the name of a character in the lion king by any chance

What a handsome cham!!!! so glad to hear you got your first cham, ive been waiting to see this post ;) cant wait to watch him grow :D

@babyjoe- that was Zazu, haha he was my favorite character and that was my nickname for a LONG time haha

Well hello razu.he's a handsome little lad.was razu the name of a character in the lion king by any chance

That was Zazu, like ReptileLove18 said! I love the lion king so I based it off of his name, because he was colorful! Thank you :)

What a handsome cham!!!! so glad to hear you got your first cham, ive been waiting to see this post ;) cant wait to watch him grow :D

@babyjoe- that was Zazu, haha he was my favorite character and that was my nickname for a LONG time haha

Thank you so much! I'm glad you like him and it's nice to know you were looking forward to it ;) ! I will definitely keep everyone updated on his growth.

Thank you so much! I'm glad you like him and it's nice to know you were looking forward to it ;) ! I will definitely keep everyone updated on his growth.

Its great that he is already eating and settling in! hes a natural!! How's it feel to finally be a cham mommy? :p

Congratulations, he's looking great.....welcome to the exciting and stressful world of Chameleons.....there's no turning back now.....:D

WOW!!! he looks fantastic!! I must also point out many of us here have been trying to get a tongue shot like that one you got for a long time. GOOD JOB :D

Its great that he is already eating and settling in! hes a natural!! How's it feel to finally be a cham mommy? :p

Yes, I'm super happy to see him eating already! Especially out of my hand! It feels great, I'm really excited and know I'm already going to get ridiculously attached to him! :)

Congratulations, he's looking great.....welcome to the exciting and stressful world of Chameleons.....there's no turning back now.....:D

Thanks so much! I've already been apart of the chameleon world for a while because of Travis. And he finally decided that I'm ready, I'll have a lot of help along the way!

WOW!!! he looks fantastic!! I must also point out many of us here have been trying to get a tongue shot like that one you got for a long time. GOOD JOB :D

Thank you!! Ahhh, yes I was amazed when we got that shot! I know they're hard to come by, blurry or not! :p

I love him, he is so darn cute, may I say gorgeous!...congratulations on the graduation....he looks like he could be very easy to fall in love with.

I'm so glad you like him Chels. I was in disbelief that he ate right from both of our fingers the very first morning being with you. Especially since he wasn't really handled or ever hand fed before. Looking forward to witnessing his development in person <3

yay new cham pics!
thanks for sharing your fantastic cham!

Aha, you're welcome ! Thank you for taking a peak and for the compliment! :)

I love him, he is so darn cute, may I say gorgeous!...congratulations on the graduation....he looks like he could be very easy to fall in love with.

Awe, thank you so much :D he's a very loveable little guy I must say. Any chameleon is hard not to fall in love with!

Congrats on the new cham and the graduation! He looks VERY nice for his age. Where did you get him?

Thank you, thank you!! I appreciate it! I got him from Mike Knotts high-red Ambilobe line, however the name of the sire escapes me! Here is a pic of the believed sire:
383503_265927850164925_677833404_n_zpsb0aa3625.jpg

I'm so glad you like him Chels. I was in disbelief that he ate right from both of our fingers the very first morning being with you. Especially since he wasn't really handled or ever hand fed before. Looking forward to witnessing his development in person <3

I love him, I can't express how grateful I am. Thank you so very much! I was in shock too, it was so exciting !!! Yay, I'm looking forward to his and Naboo's progression! <3

welcome and congratulations on that beautiful boy

Thank you very much ! :)

Congrats!! Awesome colors already.

Thank you! :)

Found the little guy hanging upside down tonight! I watched him for a while, he just kept going up and then down, like he was testing it out to see if he liked it our not. It was adorable!

DSC_0376_zps63a4dd87.jpg

DSC_0384-1_zps0e5c0cd5.jpg

DSC_0385-1_zpsc03bf0ec.jpg

DSC_0387_zpsbd63ca37.jpg

Back
Top Bottom