My first Chameleon and Post!

roddypeeps

Hi everyone, I just finally got my very first Chameleon Osi. I got him from the local shop here in town, who told me they thought it was a male, but after reading every thread on here about sexing a panther, I'm starting to think it's a she rather than a he. So i'm throwing it out to the community for your opinion! he/she is an amiblobe panther chameleon, they said they got around two and half months ago and it was tiny, so i'd put it at around 4 months maybe less. here are the photos...

Attachments

• 100_0668.jpg
    100_0668.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 174
  • 100_0669.jpg
    100_0669.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 168
  • 100_0672.jpg
    100_0672.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 174
  • 100_0673.jpg
    100_0673.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 217
Yup i agree she looks like a female to me. Could you take some more shots of her tail area. :)

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum & Congratulations on your new baby girl!!:) The pictures are very clear but my money is on a female.

Looks like a female to me as well. At about 4 months old a male would already have faint coloring starting to show through. Your chameleon definitely looks female. :)

It looks like a she, has the right colour right now.

But you never know.

This turned into a nice He.

20132d1267585436-what-kind-chameleon-do-i-have-s-resting.jpg

I know. Its a girl that will not turn into a he.

And now I'll hope that turns into a male ;)

Had I posted pictures of that male in poor lighting, with a crappy camera and not stressed due to the camera I would love to have seen your prediction on that one.

And now I'll hope that turns into a male ;)

Had I posted pictures of that male in poor lighting, with a crappy camera and not stressed due to the camera I would love to have seen your prediction on that one.

The only way it will be a male is if god gets involved. I don't make predictions I am not psychic. :) Sexing is not really a guessing game. I have seen enough panthers to make a decision that I am very confident in.

not that I am not able to make a mistake, that has happened once. :D

Last edited:
that bump on the upper area of her front left limb is worrisome imho..
Anyone else notice it?

Umm... Ok, vent skin is loose... Is this something that requires a vet? Or should I be taking this little girl back???
The vent is not her arm, if that's what you're thinking. Please post a few angles of that shoulder that is swollen.

something is swollen definitely. Could be an infection of some kind or worse an edema in progress.
A vet visit is in order..

I think it is best to contact the breeder you got her from and check their policy about this situation.
Especially, since I am assuming you originally purchase the baby with a knowledge that it is a he.

Back
Top Bottom