my crestie came in!

vindicatedornot

crestiebaby4.jpg

crestiebaby3.jpg

crestiebaby2.jpg

tank.jpg

Looks like a yellow/orange flame. Fires up much redder.

Not able to sex it yet,
Any thoughts on names? :)

-Andrea

lol yes i know that. Thanks for your help though.

here's a pic of the future enclosure. It's a phone pic =/ so kinda crappy but you get the picture. Plants need to fill in more.

0712092052.jpg

This is fry's baby cage. 24"L x 24"H x 12"D I hope on houseing two cresties one day in here. But for now, just one.

you're going to go crazy cleaning food bowls. That repashy stuff is a nightmare. Use disposable solo 2oz cups in petco $.99 hamster bowls.

P.S. - Roaches love to eat the dried up repashy diet.

Attachments

• IMG_0321.jpg
    IMG_0321.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 188
Aww! What a sweetie! You should call it Flame! I love their 'eyelashes', lol. There's one in the shop where I get my livefood and he backs himself into his plastic flower and sleeps in it with his little head poking out! :D Soo cute, lol!

I have 2 crested geckos, Named ricky and lucy, many people say its from I love lucy, but i truly names them off of trailor park boys. They are one of my favorite animals in the world, and very friendly! i have them both in a 33 gallon aquarium, made with a coconut husk wall, and 3 plants, 2 food dishes, a lot of climbing spots of vines and sticks, and a rock cave which they sit on more then they go in :p

I reccomend if you feed them live food, feed them in a seperate cage, i use repash CGD powder, and live crickets, on and off, but sometimes they wont eat cricket, sometimes they wont eat CGD so i switch to the other :p

Ive seen many enclosures that have been put together really well, mines kind of plain though :p its preatty much the ground of a jungle sorta thing, with plants they hide in, and walk ways up above, i should post pictures soon. :)

Anyways, Hope you have fun with your gecko, They are very easy to take care of :) And very playful.

-Levi

I don't suggest 2oz cups.. I have 3/4oz cups and my cresteds have a hard time getting into them so I end up having to bury them half-way. If possible get the 1/2oz cups, they aren't as tall as the others.

Email me any time if you have questions! Call me if you ever have an emergency.

Levi, remove the female and put her in a separate cage..now, preferably.
They will start breeding early and this will stress out the gecko to the extreme and she will get kinks in her tail from MBD.
I've read about two 6month olds breeding because they were housed together for so long and it just.... kicked in.

I don't suggest 2oz cups.. I have 3/4oz cups and my cresteds have a hard time getting into them so I end up having to bury them half-way. If possible get the 1/2oz cups, they aren't as tall as the others.

Email me any time if you have questions! Call me if you ever have an emergency.

Thanks syn,

they didnt have any of those cups so I didn't switch anyways. The bottle cap seems good. I can see lick marks.

You think I could get 1/2oz cups at a restraurant supply store? Where'd you find yours?

The little dude looks healthy and has crapped plenty. I was wondering though, how can you tell if a crestie is dehydrated? It drinks lots of mist off the walls and leaves but I was just wondering for future knowledge.

oh yeah, is there any way to tell they are sleeping? Besisdes the fact that they are being still lol. I don't bother it, only to clean the paper towel and change food/water. It's active sometimes and then it just sits still for long periods of time, I understand they don't have eyelids but are there any actual signs?

sorry for the dumb questions XD

-Andrea

I get my 3/4oz cups from Pangea.
http://www.pangeareptile.com/store/index.php?target=products&product_id=29826
They are on sale right now @ 15% off.

I highly suggest purchasing this as well:
http://www.pangeareptile.com/store/index.php?target=products&product_id=29801
You spray it on the sides of the cage... and wipe it off. No water necessary.

Their eyes will sink in, just like chameleons, they will also get wrinkly skin or become lethargic.

When they are sleeping their little crests (eyelashes) will droop. It'll look like they have little angry faces on, it's so cute!

The point of the little hamster bowls is that the geckos have no problem getting up in them. You can only really get them at petco though.. Pangea sells a different holder for the .75oz and the 2oz cups if you'd like to give him money.

Not sure how to bury a cup halfway in a solid plastic bottom..

GFS carries the cups, i'm sure other restaurant supply stores do to..

Chequepoint, not everyone buys the plastic holders..

I bought a couple of the cheap metal ones but only use it for water.

I BURY the cups in soil.. I have a live vivarium for 3 of my crested geckos.

I think I will stick with the bottle cap til it gets bigger. I want to monitor its food intake.

btw, my food seems really solid-ish. If i poke it its like jello but sticky. I used 1 part food to 2 parts water. Is it supposed to be a little runnier? The gecko is eating it regardless.

I keep my food somewhat less liquid and more solid.
Not sure what the water to food ratio is but as long as I can get a good glob of it on a toothpick to hand feed the babies, it's good.

Stick with the bottle cap until it gets bigger. Once you know it's eating and it's healthy I would HIGHLY suggest getting a mushroom ledge from pangea.

Thats what i'm saying, why give pangea money when $2 will have you in business..

I'm not really a fan of substrate for naturally arboreal creatures.

I keep my food somewhat less liquid and more solid.
Not sure what the water to food ratio is but as long as I can get a good glob of it on a toothpick to hand feed the babies, it's good.

Stick with the bottle cap until it gets bigger. Once you know it's eating and it's healthy I would HIGHLY suggest getting a mushroom ledge from pangea.

I bought one already when I bought the food. I got an "imperfect" one. Looks fine to me lol.

i'm not going to use a substrate. It's going to be in that cage in the picture. My "baby" chameleon cage. I don't feel like dealing with that mess. One day I'll make a viv. Probably for darts though..

-Andrea

Thats what i'm saying, why give pangea money when $2 will have you in business..

I'm not really a fan of substrate for naturally arboreal creatures.
I can't give you a GREAT reason to use substrate, other then the fact all of my eggs were buried in the soil, which saved me from making an egg laying bin (again the eggs were a surprise). Go get on a forum that is mostly about crested geckos and say that you don't like substrate.. then maybe you will "see the light" LOL.
I bought one already when I bought the food. I got an "imperfect" one. Looks fine to me lol.

i'm not going to use a substrate. It's going to be in that cage in the picture. My "baby" chameleon cage. I don't feel like dealing with that mess. One day I'll make a viv. Probably for darts though..

-Andrea
The imperfect ones are usually returns or something looks a bit odd on it.. one little thing wrong and it gets sold as imperfect.

I never use substrates until they are about a year old and I haven't seen them chomping on paper towels and the like. I have one adult that does that and I keep him on paper towels.

As long as you monitor them and take precautions you can do it. :)

Of course, because i'm not on pangea I know nothing about cresties :rolleyes:
I only have more cresteds than i care to count thriving about 15 feet from me.

Vindicated: both your setups look great. :)

Back
Top Bottom