My Chameleon Room Redesigned

So, how do you use drainage and everything.? It holds it all great.? I'm still trying to figure out how I could make something like this work with my cage plans..haha.

I drilled two holes in each table, one for each cage. Then I took a plastic plate and drilled a hole in that. I took a PVC 90* joint and siliconed it to the bottom of the plate, and then that joint connects to some PVC tubing that drains into a bucket. The cage sits above all of this. The first two photos show it better than I could describe it, probably. So far it works really well.

That looks Amazing Olympia!!! I am getting ready to redo my cham room and you have me a LOT to think about! I really appreciate all the photos and ideas. It's threads like this that make this forum so awesome ;)

GREAT job on your build. It's very clean, sleek, and modern. I love it and I'm sure your Chams will to.

Thanks!

Yes, the background is a type of shower liner (not a PVC sheet, this one has a lot more rigidity to it) that is easy to cut with an x-acto. I spray painted it, gave it a few days to air out and then attached it to the back. I just wanted a black background to bring out the plants and animals, the plus of this material is that it is waterproof and mold-resistant, so it protects my back wall from mist and it won't mold or get gross.

Thank you!
Yes, you can see in the pics from the progress shots that there is a sheet of plastic on the sides of the cages. It's translucent but they can't see what's on the other side. I didn't go down all the way to the bottom so that air flows through and dries the bottom of the cage faster.

Thanks Olivia, now that you pointed out the barrier I can see it. At first I thought it was just screen! Thank you for pointing out what you did and used as this is very helpful in learning how to make a nice set up like yours! I had on idea... now I think I will have to re plan mine more like this! Beautiful and function-able!! Perfect! :)

Thanks Olivia, now that you pointed out the barrier I can see it. At first I thought it was just screen! Thank you for pointing out what you did and used as this is very helpful in learning how to make a nice set up like yours! I had on idea... now I think I will have to re plan mine more like this! Beautiful and function-able!! Perfect! :)

Yea, I wouldn't forget something like a visual barrier - or at least I hope I wouldn't! Can you imagine setting all of this up, taping the mistking tubing so it won't rattle, securing the light cords, etc. and then realizing that you forgot to put something between the cages? lol That would be terrible!

I'm glad this has given you ideas :) I took my inspiration from a really beautiful set up someone shared on here (http://www.english-country.ru/userfiles/images/office_cages_san_jose_cr.jpg), so it's always a good thing to share and steal ideas from each other!

Very nice Olimpia!!!!!!! That looks so nice I might be able to convince my husband to let me set up another cage which would mean another cham!!!! ;)

One question, how do you keep the "over spray" from the mister from running down the screen on the sides of the cage? If in fact it does is the plastic plate below the cage large enough to catch "that" water?

Thanks Lisa!

I'm not really having that problem, that I've seen anyway. I'm aiming my nozzle pretty much down the middle so the walls don't get any or much spray. No, the blue plate isn't big enough, but so far I don't seem to have a problem with the water going out the sides of the cage. If I did I might put a heavy rock in the center so the floor bows a little and the water is more funneled down the holes.

The cages are the 48" x 24" x 24" screen cages from LLLReptile.com in grey. I would have gone for DIYcages.com but theirs are still on backorder and they were cheaper through LLL, they were (maybe still are?) having a sale.

Thanks guys!

Back
Top Bottom