Enclosure update, let me know how I did

It’s taken a lot of work but I’ve finally done it, I’ve tried to create a forest edge design for my Veiled Chameleon “Bruce” I’ve given him tons of branches and chameleon sage plants i.e. Pothos, Spider Plant, Ficus, Bromeliad I really hope he enjoys it but any constructive criticism is welcome.

“Bioactive enclosure” soil covered with leaves to avoid ingestion
Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Veiled, male, year old possibly almost 2
Handling - Very rarely, almost never isn’t very fond of handing
Feeding - Crickets, Horn worms, Dubia Roaches and occasional super worms. The crickets are fed mostly leafy greens and a tiny bit of fruits.
Supplements - Repashy Calcium Plus NoD at every feeding and Repashy Calcium LoD on the first and 15th of every month
Watering - He is running two mist king nozzles a fogger and a dropper

Cage Info:
Cage Type - ReptiBreeze screen terrarium 24x24x48 (2ft x 2ft x 4ft)
Lighting - Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 linear 24” 5.0 Incandescent 75w light bulb, BioDude Grow Plant Light
Temperature - 80-82 for his basking, (70-71) in the bottom.
Humidity 35-40 for most of the day, 60-80% at night
Plants - He has a Ficus tree, bromeliad, Pothos and spider plant
Placement - He’s in my reptile room, no traffic, but also no direct sunlight, and is on a table.
“UVB and heating is I believe 8 to 6 inches away from him”
322D4774-308E-4532-A83E-76D4D52B9178.jpeg

Looks great! 💗 You’ve done an excellent job! I do have one criticism and that is more a warning/fyi - the black Exo Terra vine is known for shedding small particles which an itchy shedding cham can get in the eye. I like the foam vines, like Fluker’s and various branding.
Is that a sunflower head on the bottom left? Keep a good thick layer of leaf litter. It not only helps feed your clean up crew, but protects them from opportunistic chams.

Looks great! 💗 You’ve done an excellent job! I do have one criticism and that is more a warning/fyi - the black Exo Terra vine is known for shedding small particles which an itchy shedding cham can get in the eye. I like the foam vines, like Fluker’s and various branding.
Is that a sunflower head on the bottom left? Keep a good thick layer of leaf litter. It not only helps feed your clean up crew, but protects them from opportunistic chams.
Thank you all for the great feedback. But I don’t have any sunflower heads and I do have a massive layer of leaf litter at the bottom of the substrate it’s hard to see from the picture, but I didn’t know that about the terra branches so I will be replacing them with the different branches thanks for the feedback!

Looks good. You want a total of 8-9 inches for the UVB lighting. This will give you the correct UVI level of exposure for the cham.

Back
Top Bottom