My chameleon is having a bit of trouble with one eye

Absolutely! Already made some changes with the lighting. Dummy me, may have too much light. Took some out, and changing his supplements next week when I get em. Really thank you so much for your support. As a newer keeper I try to be well informed, do my research, but I am always open to suggestions. That’s why I love this community! (y)

thank you very much! Next week when the supplements come in, I will be making the change to only Arcadia and following that regiment you recommended as well as Bill Strand. I’ve gone ahead and shut off one of the grow lights and the extra LED. And raised it about 4 inches.
Additionally, I’m going to cut back on the misting too. Thanks for all your help!
Your welcome hun. :) I use the arcadia supplements they are amazing products.

You have the dreaded Exo Terra black vine. Those are known to shed tiny particles. If your cham has been rubbing his eyes on it when shedding, there’s risk of getting the particles in his eyes. If this isn’t the current problem, it could present as one in the future.

You have the dreaded Exo Terra black vine. Those are known to shed tiny particles. If your cham has been rubbing his eyes on it when shedding, there’s risk of getting the particles in his eyes. If this isn’t the current problem, it could present as one in the future.
I hadn’t realized the vine had that issue. I can’t say I’ve seen him rub his eye on that vine, but can definitely see how that could be an issue should he rub his eyes on them in the future. I use them just so he can move vertically between gradients, as the main support branches and perching branches are custom foraged/cut/sanitized alderwood branches from reptibranch. Would you suggest another type of vine I can use instead to still give him the vertical access he needs? Thanks again for your help!

I hadn’t realized the vine had that issue. I can’t say I’ve seen him rub his eye on that vine, but can definitely see how that could be an issue should he rub his eyes on them in the future. I use them just so he can move vertically between gradients, as the main support branches and perching branches are custom foraged/cut/sanitized alderwood branches from reptibranch. Would you suggest another type of vine I can use instead to still give him the vertical access he needs? Thanks again for your help!
I like and use mainly Fluker’s...they are foamy/soft and inexpensive. Have been using some for a year now and they hold up very well too.

Back
Top Bottom