My cham taunts his food!

rastamarley

:p

I recently switched to a feeding bowl with mealworms in it, I had always resisted the feeding bowl thinking my cham would like free roaming food, but I am sick of crickets.

My cham looves the feeding bowl! He jus raises himself above it and stares down at the mealworms! He'll go around to the otherside look at them some more and then he will strike! Hahaha it is great right now there is one left and he has spent like 6 minutes just looking at it sometimes he will get kinda close to it and then he will back off, he is totally taunting it!

Anyway I just wanted to share that hope everyone has a good day!

Be careful how many meal worms you feed. They should really be kept for treats. Other feeders you can use are silkworms, hornworms, roaches, butter worms, locusts if you are in the uk.

Also you should mix it up a little. Try different bugs different days or a mix in the day :)

Ha! Funny guy. How many mealworms is he eating? A lot of users on here suggest only 10% of the diet as mealworms, and not to use them as a staple feeder. Questions for someone who knows, what are worms you can use as a staple feeder?

I gave my girl meal worms as a treat and she refused to eat crickets for 3-4 days!!! I think she was so hungry today she gave in and I saw her eating a few crickets. Now I'm hesitant that anytime I give her a treat she's going to be a bugger and go on a feeding strike!! Like AngieL said they should really be treats.

Ha! Funny guy. How many mealworms is he eating? A lot of users on here suggest only 10% of the diet as mealworms, and not to use them as a staple feeder. Questions for someone who knows, what are worms you can use as a staple feeder?

I keep reading that silkworms make a great staple.

I have some hornedworms on the way from an online sight and I am also considering some kind of Beatle colony. He usually just goes right for his food especially if I put them on the screen somewhat close to him that's why I am so amused by his taunting. As always I love hearing advice though!

I gave him five today the glutton and good advice everyone as I stated more choices are on the way. I am trying to decide what kind of Beatles would be good he a Jackson the smaller kind. Which really is still a good size!

Back
Top Bottom