My Carpet's + Stuff

They are so cute! I am jealous

Thanks Cheddar! I really have a soft spot for the good ol’ carpet chameleon! Awesome color, personality, not difficult to care for, hardy, and able to keep them in much less space that is required for panthers and veilds. A personal goal of mine is to breed carpets on a fairly large scale. This pair is the guinea pigs for me; I have lots of notes of things that I am going to do different with my next ones. Learn learn learn!

Wow Nice dude, I too have always liked Carpets, their colors and personalities are really neat, I personally want a Panther, Carpet and Jacksons, in that order, My wife not so crazy on the Jacksons as they have horns, she doesn't dig them at all... keep up the good work the pictures are fantastic as well as the husbandry, nicely done sir...

My wife not so crazy on the Jacksons as they have horns, she doesn't dig them at all...

HaHaHa, I was trying to convince Darci (my girlfriend) to want a pair of Jacksons too. She said the same thing… The horns kinda freek me out. :p She has been checking out some of the dwarf jacksons though and she seems to like them because they are smaller. I guess that she thinks that the larger ones are going to stab her or something. Plus it would be really sweet to have live babies! :cool:

Well, been a while since I have posted about my stuff, so here be an update…

My sister and mother were recently in Florida visiting my aunt and uncle who live in Ft. Myers. I noticed that this is really close to Mister Mike at FL Cham’s, seeing this I could not pass up the chance on skirting them damn shipping charges so I called up Mike and placed an order, then my family called up and arranged the exchange.

I am now the new owner of a VERY nice looking male Carpet chameleon, a very nice looking female Veild, and a trio of Pygmy’s! All of which made the trip with no issues at all… I have everybody set up in there new homes (pig’s are in a temp tank till my stuff from LLL arrives… Sheesh they ship slow…) and all are eating and drinking well, the carpet actually shed the day after I got him; so that was nice… I am just wait’n for my female to drop the eggs that she has right now; she has been unreceptive to Roo, my other carpet or him (Ian) when I put him up to the side of her cage…
I am in need of more female carpets… I now have 2 good looking males and only 1 WC female, granted she is doing really well, however I cant tell her age so who knows when she might kick the bucket… But like I said she (also from Mike) is doing well, so I don’t expect that to be anytime THAT soon…

When I go to the reptile show next month I am going to be bringing back a male Veild and a male Kammer Nosy Be. Then with that I will have a nice group to start breeding…

1.1 Nosy Be panthers
2.1 Carpets
1.1 Veild
1.2 Brev Pygmy

Before the end of the year I want my numbers to be at

1.3 Nosy Be panthers
2.4 Carpets
1.3 Veild
2.4 Pygmy

Also we are wrestling with the idea of starting a colony of them roaches that everybody seems to love… oy…. I need to shoot brad a mail for a little reassurance that they wont get out of a 10gal tank… :p

I am working on buying myself a new home now with my girlfriend now, so if that works out we will be moving in Oct, and then we will have a rather large reptile room! And it will have to be a large room to hold all these critters! Sheesh, plus all of my girls dragons! I will take pictures today when I get home and post them here! :)

Well, been a while since I have posted about my stuff, so here be an update…

My sister and mother were recently in Florida visiting my aunt and uncle who live in Ft. Myers. I noticed that this is really close to Mister Mike at FL Cham’s, seeing this I could not pass up the chance on skirting them damn shipping charges so I called up Mike and placed an order, then my family called up and arranged the exchange.

I am now the new owner of a VERY nice looking male Carpet chameleon, a very nice looking female Veild, and a trio of Pygmy’s! All of which made the trip with no issues at all… I have everybody set up in there new homes (pig’s are in a temp tank till my stuff from LLL arrives… Sheesh they ship slow…) and all are eating and drinking well, the carpet actually shed the day after I got him; so that was nice… I am just wait’n for my female to drop the eggs that she has right now; she has been unreceptive to Roo, my other carpet or him (Ian) when I put him up to the side of her cage…
I am in need of more female carpets… I now have 2 good looking males and only 1 WC female, granted she is doing really well, however I cant tell her age so who knows when she might kick the bucket… But like I said she (also from Mike) is doing well, so I don’t expect that to be anytime THAT soon…

When I go to the reptile show next month I am going to be bringing back a male Veild and a male Kammer Nosy Be. Then with that I will have a nice group to start breeding…

1.1 Nosy Be panthers
2.1 Carpets
1.1 Veild
1.2 Brev Pygmy

Before the end of the year I want my numbers to be at

1.3 Nosy Be panthers
2.4 Carpets
1.3 Veild
2.4 Pygmy

Also we are wrestling with the idea of starting a colony of them roaches that everybody seems to love… oy…. I need to shoot brad a mail for a little reassurance that they wont get out of a 10gal tank… :p

I am working on buying myself a new home now with my girlfriend now, so if that works out we will be moving in Oct, and then we will have a rather large reptile room! And it will have to be a large room to hold all these critters! Sheesh, plus all of my girls dragons! I will take pictures today when I get home and post them here! :)

Hey chad..I hope to see you there. i think i am also getting a male nosy-be from the kammers. Also, i am getting a female form them (ambilobe). I may get something else...But we will see.

they are to adicting!!:p

jake

I'm yet to be able to attend any reptile shows, never seem to have the days off... There is one in Sept, In Cleveland OH on Sept 15th... hoping to make that one...

yep, ill probably be mull'n around Tylers table a good bit checking out the babes... I'll be the one with the sun glasses on... Girlfriends cant hear eyes move, the they can hear heads move :D

I got the pig tank done yesterday so I thought I would post a few pics... I still need to add the sticks and ground clutter, but the soil, plants, moss, coco hut and rocks all look good I think. Thanks to Junn for the great deal on the tank! Also gotta get some bulbs for the proper hood

DSC01087.jpg

DSC01089.jpg

DSC01090.jpg

DSC01091.jpg

Here is my F Nosy
DSC01095.jpg

Back
Top Bottom