My build thread (Pictures)

SPork

New member here, I wanted to share some pictures of my setup. I really liked how user Asleigh had everything elevated up off the floor of her enclosure so after using her setup as inspiration, here is what I ended up with.

Ikea stand

Aquazamp with low-pro raindome

First piece hanging, I used a piece of 1/2" pvc and 40lb fishing line to hang the main piece of structure.

Then I ziptied on some more horizontal branches for climbing

Adding the fake plants to try to hide most of the zip ties

Vines, bamboo, and feeding cup, you can also see that I covered the right side of the cage with corrugated plastic sheeting to prevent spray onto my walls, wrapped in black 3m vinyl to keep it clean.

I was getting alot of water splashing out of the enclosure from the raindome, so I went to home depot and bought some lexan sheets which I cut to size and installed on the bottom 12 inches of the enclosure

First one installed, held on with blue tape for now

The cricket cup was held up with fishing line, and i noticed that it started to deform my screen from me constantly removing it for cleaning, so I fashioned up a holder out of a ziptie and some 1/2inch flexible tubing. Here it is, it uses tension to hold the base of the water bottle.

Installed

Nice!

Just watch out for woodrot & mold with those dowels & branches. Make sure the cage is completely dried out before your next misting.

For the bottom of the cage, I use a 30"x30" or 32"x32" (forgot) washing machine tray for extra back up if water leaks on the sides of the enclosure. I also use acrylic for the sides to prevent water splashing out. I clean the sides once a week to prevent mold and crickets like to lay eggs there for some reason if they get out your feeder cups :rolleyes:

Great job, makes me want to build up another cage!!!

-Gabe

*EDIT* Just realized your temps are at 98º/99º make sure the basking perch is about 8" away from your cham and hits a good 85-88º. Looks like you got a juvenile panther so temps should stay around that. If your bulb is too hot, just get a regular 60w house hold bulb. Oh, also give your cham a few options to decide where he wants to bask :D

Last edited:
Nice!

Just watch out for woodrot & mold with those dowels & branches. Make sure the cage is completely dried out before your next misting.

For the bottom of the cage, I use a 30"x30" or 32"x32" (forgot) washing machine tray for extra back up if water leaks on the sides of the enclosure. I also use acrylic for the sides to prevent water splashing out. I clean the sides once a week to prevent mold and crickets like to lay eggs there for some reason if they get out your feeder cups :rolleyes:

Great job, makes me want to build up another cage!!!

-Gabe

*EDIT* Just realized your temps are at 98º/99º make sure the basking perch is about 8" away from your cham and hits a good 85-88º. Looks like you got a juvenile panther so temps should stay around that. If your bulb is too hot, just get a regular 60w house hold bulb. Oh, also give your cham a few options to decide where he wants to bask :D

Thanks for the advice, the 60w was definately too big, went down to a 40w which was still too hot. Just grabbed a 25w and it seems to be much better at about 87. Any additional tips you have to keep the wood from rotting, it seems like it is drying between mistings.

My new acrylic feeder cup, dimensions are 7x4x4 with a 2 inch lip to keep crickets in. Now I just need to figure out how to mount it.

Back
Top Bottom