My first enclosure build

gekke gerrit

Hello guys,

Let me first introduce myself. My name is Harm, 28 years, and i live in the netherlands.

About 2 month’s ago i decided that i wanted to start with an chameleon as a pet. I like that they are collorfull and not a common pet. Also i like the beautifull enclosures that you can build for them an be creative and build your own.

With that being said i went looking for a glass cage and found 1 seccond hand for a really nice price. It was the perfect blanc canvas to start with.

So i stated designing the interior of the enclosure and im now at the point that im ready to fill the cage with substrate, plants and install all of the lighting and water systems.

Below i show some where i started with and where i am now. If there is intressed i will show more pictures later on the build.

BCE309FA-DBB6-4ED3-AEEA-112FA6CC0F54.png
30354B28-325E-42C4-B73E-FD4061B72ECB.jpeg
C7D6EF22-7EBF-4F68-BAFD-E3F0551AB1A4.jpeg

Hello Harm and welcome to the forums.
Looking pretty good there!! What type of chameleon or you planning to get?
just one question regarding your setup; are you going to use pc fans or some kind of? Because, personally I think ventilation could becoming a problem. However, time will tell if humidity during the day stay too high.

Then again great job(y)

Hello Harm and welcome to the forums.
Looking pretty good there!! What type of chameleon or you planning to get?
just one question regarding your setup; are you going to use pc fans or some kind of? Because, personally I think ventilation could becoming a problem. However, time will tell if humidity during the day stay too high.

Then again great job(y)

Made it for a phanter chameleon

There is the screen on the front for the intake. And on the top there’s a screen for the outlet.

On the back of the cage there are 4 big holes 30mm, 2 at the top i already add aditionally fitted with screens build in the background. And probebly wil do the ones at the bottem too, however 1 of the holes in the bottom i will use for the fogger.

There some extra small holes on the top of the cage that i can use to if i want.

That all said, got my plants orderd and will start testing for temprature en and humidity next week. If the humidity stay to high during the day i may be install some pc fans indeed 👍

Did a little more cleaning en installed the substrate and bottom layer. And did al little cover up with some coir between branches.

Also made an little hole down in the keft back corner for the fogger. Also tested it and it looked awesome.

Ordered some tropical terrarium plants and they come to me tomorrow, cant wait to install them.

AA9D681C-AAEB-45CD-846A-721370C41CE8.jpeg

Finnally got all the plants i ordered.
Also put in the springtails and isopods to keep it clean.

Next thing on the list is get an chameleon 👍
do you have a heat bulb also is the top screen because uvb cant penetrate through glass you might what a branch tords the top for a basking spot

its bio active so it reproduces the water
It has a layer of hydroballs at the bottom, they absorb the exces water from the ground and release it when the ground drys up.

Also hide a pvc tube in the ground that goes al the way to the bottom of the cage, so if there is to much i can mannually drain.

do you have a heat bulb also is the top screen because uvb cant penetrate through glass you might what a branch tords the top for a basking spot
Yes you can see the heat bulb left on the top. There is a pice of mesh on the top all the way from left to right. That where the T5 uvb light is. And uvb is messured out to the highest branch 😉

Back
Top Bottom